Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Desync Checker  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Rommel92

• Members
Desync Checker
« on: 21 Apr 2008, 11:36:30 »
I've been looking around for a way to compare the latency among clients and servers, is there any way to do this via scripts, I've been observing latenciess through timers, and although the difference in timing of scripts can differ by up to four seconds in times of desync, its not easy to obtain the information from the client from the server, so I was wondering if anyone:

A ) Had something similar to this already made.  :yes:

B ) Willing to help/make one for me.  :yes:

C ) Give Ideas and we'll make it on here...  :no:

Joking with the smilies...

Code: (timer.sqs (executed via (b1) exec "timer.sqs" in Init.sqf).) [Select]
_p = _this select 0;

_p globalchat format ["%1 Time",_time];
I noted that between lines is a millisecond delay on the code in SQF files, this is higher in SQS (just regards to execution, not MP)
Also, this does not show the other persons time, only your time through yourself and them. (b1,b2,b3 all execute.)

However on everyone typing out the time, its obvious it can change by up to half a second in normal, and 2-5 seconds in decent de-sync.

I have also been using the global "time" variable for monitoring time upon mission start and the delays there, which also in lag can increase substantially.

Sorry if I repeated myself a few times...

Offline ViperMaul

• Members
    • Theatre Of War (Team PvP Campaign)
Re: Desync Checker
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2008, 18:46:05 »
For the last hour I have been doing much research on this. I have made many bookmarks on previous threads as old as 3 years ago.
And then I stumbled on your post.

Although I am not the expert, I do read a lot of threads of those that have gone before me.
And there seems to be a trend here. But since I have to run I will just give you the links to the threads that will shed some light on your subject.

Amazing what the Search feature on this site can do. :)
My goal is to create a script that is a Desync Creator and Lag Creator. Lag defined as extremely low Server FPS of less than 10.
This will help test scripts effects behave under lag.

Hopefully an expert will come in and teach us both.

EDIT: Let me fix these broken links. Apologies. Standby. Okay fixed. I had to remove the quotation marks from my URLs
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2008, 22:46:15 by ViperMaul »
ViperMaul
Theatre of War (Co-Lead Dev)
ACE (Jr Project Manager)