Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What's that black (X) in game? Previous waypoint!  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Pirin

• Members
What's that black (X) in game? Previous waypoint!
« on: 24 Apr 2008, 01:49:41 »
EDIT:  Got answers for both questions, but I'll leave this here incase others have similar questions.

Hi!  I have a rather confusing problem I'm trying to work out.  I was building the "example mission" from Ofpec.com and thought it would be a good exercise to add a little intro to it.

Basically the intro is watching yourself pilot a CRRC into shore.  The camera follows you for a few seconds, then flies across the landscape to focus in on the Shilka target.  I currently have this working  "perfectly", except for one problem, which balloons out into many problems!

Currently I'm using a dummy pilot.  I spawn in the editor a duplicate Spec Ops guy and the CRRC.  At the beginning of the script I moveInDriver the dummy into the boat and use doMove to have him pilot towards the insertion point.  After the cinematic is finished I move the poor sod to 0,0,0 and kill him then I move the PLAYER, who's been standing on an island somewhere, to the SetPos of the insertion marker, right by the CRRC.  This is all great.

The problem is that my first player waypoint (Destroy the Shilka!) has a little black (x)---- marker pointing from where the player starts to the shilka waypoint.  Since I used SetPos to move the player into view, this marker is now on that remote island I had him hiding on!!

So my questions, if you've read this far(!), are:  "How can I get the 'starting X waypoint marker thingie' to follow the player when I SetPos him?"  or "How can I get the player himself to get into the boat and doMove to the MarkerPos as the AI so nicely does?"

I can start the player in the CRRC, but doMove doesn't do anything.  Or am I totally doing this wrong, and there's a much easier method of this kind of thing?  Basically using the player in a cinematic or hiding a player till the cinematic is done? I won't even mention the fact that setIdentity isn't working to help match up the dummy guy and the player faces either!

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!  Here's some love for reading this far!  :-*

EDIT:

Turns out the X in the picture from in game (not editor) means it's a completed Waypoint.  So that problem is solved thanks to Myke! Apparently you can't doMove a player since humans have free will either.  Aww...
« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2008, 02:31:41 by Pirin »

Offline Rommel92

• Members
Re: What's that black (X) in game? Previous waypoint!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2008, 06:12:20 »
commandMove? setWaypoint?  :confused:

Offline Pirin

• Members
Re: What's that black (X) in game? Previous waypoint!
« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2008, 06:59:01 »
Apparently you can't force a player to move, so I've just turned off the "Show In Cadet Mode" on my waypoints, and not that symbol doesn't appear anymore.  Thanks to Myke for finding that.  Which is just fine really since you can still see the waypoints "in the world", just not on the map.