Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: combine ammo to one entry?  (Read 945 times)

Nyles

combine ammo to one entry?
« on: 04 Nov 2002, 03:58:35 »
Is it possible to create a weapon based on any existing weapon which basically draws its ammo from a new defined ammo type?
The problem in OFP is that you have so little space to put wargear to. I would like it that you for example pick up a us-bandolier item, which takes four cells in your inventory. However, this us-bandolier item would include 4 grenades and 6 m16 magazines. My question is, if it is possible to create such an item and if weapons coult recognize the ammunition stored in there. This would be a great feature if possible. For example you could create a new M16 rifle which uses this bandolier as ammo, but also allows the bandolier to be rearmed at a new defined ammo crate. I assume is it is very likely that such a thing would be possible if the item stores ammo of one type only, but does anyone know, if you could stuff those grenades or any other different type of ammo in there?

Lucknow

Re:combine ammo to one entry?
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov 2002, 21:02:56 »
Don't think this is possible.

First 'Ammo type' only defines how that ammo behaves (e.g. damage points, what distance AI uses it at, whether it has tracers, etc...) - so nothing useful there.

The slots magazines take up on the soldier depends on the the 'magazinetype' and 'magazines' commands found in the CfgWeapon section of an addon. Again nothing here would do what you suggest.