Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Nature's call script for ArmA  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
  • WWIIEC - Gracefully retired boss
Nature's call script for ArmA
« on: 29 Mar 2008, 17:59:50 »
Hello everyone. I have been off these forums for a long time, but I'm just getting back into ArmA/OFP editing, and its nice to see OFPEC still running as well as ever.  :)

My question is... There used to be a smoking/peeing script called natures call for OFP, I just wondered if anyone had made, remade or considered porting to Armed Assault? All the animations would have to be changed, obviously, but otherwise the original would work as far as I know. Thanks in advance.  :cool2: :cool2:

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: Nature's call script for ArmA
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2008, 10:56:22 »
Have never seen one of these around on the major websites. Would be funny to have one of these, did they use particles in OFP to create the 'effects' ?
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2008, 11:29:50 »
Yes, I had a quick look at the scripts. It was all done with the playmove, switchmove, and the drop command, the last of which is something I never tried to grasp. I found the original of OFPEC. I should think it should be fairly for an advanced scripter to update. If nobody who can do it in a day shows an interest here, I will have a go, but its going to take me a while to grasp "drop."

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=296&page=0.

EDIT: All right then, you talked me into it. It looks easier than I thought because I won't need a thourogh understanding of drop to make it work... MI Fred and Ace Productions have done all the work. I just need to work out all the animations. Quick question, the .p3d's used by OFP in drop seem to be different in ArmA, i've got the original water particle, but what p3d object would you recomend using for the smoke? Cheers.

EDIT AGAIN: Well, the drop part was easy. All I had to do really was change the path to the p3d object. However, the animations are proving more tedious than anticipated. Does anyone know which animation puts a soldier's weapon on his back? Its mislabeled in the biki, and I've been through most of the animations on Hoz, Mandoble and Kronzky's and can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2008, 13:15:26 by Gogs »

Offline i0n0s

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2008, 16:44:45 »
Take a look at "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_EaseIn". It is not the right animation but male enough for the reason.

About the drop:
Drop is local, you have to change to #particlesource to create a global effect.
That's the point were I'm stuck with the conversation.

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2008, 23:55:12 »
Thanks for that i0n0s. With a bit of playing about, it doesn't look too bad now. I think the smoking one is going to be a bit more challanging though...

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2008, 22:02:09 »
It is, the problem is, there is no ArmA animation where a soldier brings their hand to their mouth, unlike in OFP (Its something like FXCivilHandtoMouth,) anyone got any ideas for ones I might have missed?

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #6 on: 01 Apr 2008, 00:08:07 »
How about:

AmovPsitMstpSlowWrflDnon_Smoking   ........Sitting and smoking apparently.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 01 Apr 2008, 01:05:41 »
I feel a bit silly for missing THAT one! :good:

OK, thats awesome. Sadly, its a sitting animation, considerably better than nothing however. Its going to take a while, as I'll have to regiggle all the position and timing in the script. I will have a tweak tomorrow. Thanks Planck! (That rhymes.)

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #8 on: 01 Apr 2008, 02:50:31 »
Please post your ultimate solution so we all benefit from your work.   :)
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 01 Apr 2008, 19:25:14 »
Naturally.