Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Getting either ArmA "Talking" animation to stop.  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
  • WWIIEC - Gracefully retired boss
Getting either ArmA "Talking" animation to stop.
« on: 31 Mar 2008, 23:38:37 »
Hello again guys. Basically, my problem is this. I have loons guarding a village. One is talking to another, using the playmove command, and the animation AmovPercMstpSlowWrflDnon_talking or AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_talking (Chatting with rifle unslung and slung respectively.) When the alarm sounds, any unit not playing the animation does what he is told, but the talker continues to talk. I have playmoved and switchmoved other animations, and I have tried both with "null" and null. The problem is odd, the unit plays the new move, then goes back to talking. You can shoot him, and kill him and he'll keep chatting. I think the problem is that both moves seem to be about 5 mins long. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Oh, and the initial playmove command is deffinitely not looped. Any assistance much appreciated. :D

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: Getting either ArmA "Talking" animation to stop.
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2008, 23:43:13 »
Hmm, would it be possible to use switchmove instead of playmove. My understanding of the difference between both is that switchmove can be stopped, playmove finishes the animation.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
I think I tried that. Will check again...

EDIT: Yeah I had, it was already set to switchmove. Shooting him doesn't stop him sadly.

EDIT AGAIN: Right, I think I've fixed it. Switchmove to talk, and then switchmove a different action when he needs to shut up, and then he doesn't return to the playmove. Not ideal, because obviously there is a jerk, but at least it works now. Thanks for your help Cheetah.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2008, 23:55:30 by Gogs »

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #3 on: 01 Apr 2008, 02:48:16 »
I use a null move:

Code: [Select]
unit switchmove "";
This still has a jerk though.  It returns the unit to whatever his default animation state was, and he can then move again.  Not ideal like you said...
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 01 Apr 2008, 19:24:43 »
Yeah, that was the first think I tried. Diddn't seem to work with the talking one though. Strange. Anyway, fixedish now.