Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Blackblood's SAS Units.  (Read 3065 times)

Offline Mostly

• Members
Blackblood's SAS Units.
« on: 21 Mar 2008, 00:51:49 »
Firstly, I am a massive fan of Blackblood's SAS and British units.
What I want is the SAS ammobearer units to be available in woodland DPM camo and not just desert camo. I know there are some units in Blackblood's pack that are in DPM but there are none with the bergens! The majority of missions involving the units would involve them having to carry their bergens with extra supplies of ammo etc, so the ones already available are not suitable.
I have no experience in addon making or even tweaking existing addons but I bet it won't be a big job changing the existing SAS ammobearer desert camo to woodland DPM. Perhaps even adding a beanie hat for a more realistic look?
If anyone could do this (with Blackbloods permission of course) I would be over the moon!!!!! Cheers. :good:

03/04/08 - EDIT
I haven't heard back from anyone regarding this topic so I've started to try and learn about addon making. Over the past week I've been playing around with O2 Viewer and have managed to add a bergen onto an existing addon. The new addon looks perfect when I view it through bulldozer, however, when I put the new addon into the game I'm experiencing some problems. The bergen along with the man's head are not attached to the rest of him!! They are on the ground at the units feet, preventing any movement. Does anyone know where I'm going wrong????? Thanks.
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2008, 17:12:57 by Mostly »
They mostly come out at night. Mostly!

Offline Mostly

• Members
Re: Blackblood's SAS Units.
« Reply #1 on: 03 Apr 2008, 17:26:03 »
 :weeping:

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 03 Apr 2008, 19:10:13 »
Why edit the first post with the question and then post an emoticon as a separate post (which is basicly spamming)?
Or am I just confused by the line "03/04/08 - EDIT" because to me that reads April 3rd..  :scratch:

Are you familiar with CfgModels in the config?
I'm no expert but to me it sounds there might be some sort of problem there..   :dunno:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Mostly

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2008, 19:45:49 »
Yeah, sorry about that extra post. My thinking behind it was that because I'd only edited my original post it wasn't going to show up on the forum as a new question. So I added the extra post as an after thought, so that the question wouldn't be missed. :-[

Regarding the problem I'm having:
I'm basically just cut and pasting items from one addon to another to create the one I want. Perhaps this is causing the problem? Is there a tool in O2 that will "fix" the bergen to the man's back? I've started to mess about with the config file too but am not having much luck with that either.

EDIT.
I've discovered that even if I don't make any changes to the addon the head still becomes detached and lies on the ground. I'm assuming that this is happening because I'm opening the p3d file in o2 and then saving it.
To open the addon in the first place I'm using ODOL Explorer, I'm then saving it so it has the letters MLOD after the name. I'm then using o2 to open and edit the p3d file.
Anyone have any ideas where I'm going wrong?
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2008, 20:07:06 by Mostly »

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2008, 20:53:00 »
My thinking behind it was that because I'd only edited my original post it wasn't going to show up on the forum as a new question.
You could have posted a new post all together since it's quite some time that has passed since the first post.
Oh, and this forum software does put the 'new' stamp on threads where the latest post has been edited.  :)

I'm using ODOL Explorer
The tool is not perfect so it is possible that it brakes the model in some way.
I'm not a modeller so unfortunately I can't help much, hopefully someone else can..

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
« Reply #5 on: 06 Apr 2008, 07:15:16 »
No familar with the units, but as hinted;
1 Make a copy of the p3d
2 Open the p3d with ODOL Explorer
3 Save the new converted p3d back into the folder with the same original name (overwrite).

PBO the files, put it back into OFP and test.
Normally the addon should function exactly the same.
If it still gets the same problem .......... ODOL Explorer is your problem.

Offline Mostly

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 07 Apr 2008, 10:27:49 »
Success!
I've managed to do it. Thanks for the help.
The ODOL explorer was saving the p3d file in MLOD format. I used the BIS Binarize tool to convert it back to ODOL format.
Thanks again.

EDIT: 10/04/08
I've managed to create the addon I want but when it's viewed at a distance it reverts back to the unedited original addon. Does anyone know how to correct this?
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2008, 13:38:51 by Mostly »

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #7 on: 14 Apr 2008, 17:15:48 »
You probably have forgotten to edit some of the distance LODs, the ones with names like 2.000, 3.500 or something..  :dunno:

Offline Mostly

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 15 Apr 2008, 17:02:55 »
Thanks, that sounds about right.
How do I change the LOD distances in O2?

EDIT.
When I look at the original unedited model in O2 I can see a load of LOD's in the top right hand box. However, when I edit the unit to how I want it, there are only two LOD's in the box. Both have the value 0.000.
How do I correct this?

Further EDIT 21/04/08
Nevermind, I've managed to work it out myself. Cheers for help :good:
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2008, 18:05:33 by Mostly »

Offline Mostly

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 14 Feb 2009, 14:39:22 »
Right. Sorry but am going to have to bring this topic back to light.
After a break from creating addons I'm trying to get back into it. BUT I'm having the same problem as before and I can't remember how I solved it!! My fault for not making a record of it.

The problem is something to do with O2. I can create the p3d file and binarize it, but when the addon is loaded up in the game he looks like some mutant freak. The unit's head, part of upper torso and backpack are all lying on the floor at it's feet. They're all attached to the unit, but look like they've been pulled and stretched onto the floor! What am I missing? Last time I'm pretty sure I solved this problem by using the Binarize tool but this doesn't seem to fix it now.
I've been playing around with the land contact LOD's etc but they haven't worked.
Does anyone know what would cause the model to break up and be stretched in game? (It all looks fine when viewed in O2).

EDIT 17/02/09
I've been checking around and apparently it could be something to do with me using ODOL explorer to convert the file to MLOD. ODOL explorer may have messed up the "selection". How do I correct this?

EDIT 19/02/09
I'm well on the way to fixing the problem. For future reference when I forget what I did, it's the named selections that are messed up. The model has certain fixed selections, such as hlava = the head. Any new items added to the head, need to be included in the hlava named selection. This attaches them to the model, otherwise they just end up on the ground at the models feet. Hopefully will be releasing a new addon pack, it will expand on my previous UK special forces addon.

EDIT 25/02/09
Just a quick update on my above comment. I've had some very bad events in my personal life over the last week, the big C, so I can't carry on any further work just yet. Hopefully things will sort themselves out and I'll be able to get back into the Op flashpoint world again soon. If anyone wants me to send them the unfinished models then P.M. me and I'll let you crack on with them.
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2009, 21:17:33 by Mostly »