Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Annoying AI driver  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Strother

• Members
Annoying AI driver
« on: 02 Jan 2008, 02:30:37 »
Hey guys, I'm making a mission where a truck full of civilians/insurgents (I have each civ grouped to an east soldier with 0 probability of presence).  I'm having this Civilian Ural drive by Masbete and into Ixel.  Well I was waiting for the truck to come and I noticed it's taking a lot longer than usual.  :scratch:  So I went and took a look at the truck as one of the passangers, well as the truck is driving, the driver will randomly stop and jump out!   >:(.  He will then get back in drive a foot and jump back and repeat for a while.  Well I was wondering if there was anyway to remedy this, or if these is a command I can use to lock the AI inside so he can't just exit the vehicle.

Btw, I've pretty much given up on making any missions involving the use of roads in ARMA.  Convoys never work and gettin a simple civilian vehicle to drive down the road can turn into a giant mess.

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: Annoying AI driver
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jan 2008, 03:56:05 »
The problem is that even if you make the civvies members of a "military" side in the way that you describe, they will still use the standard civilian AI, which makes them extremely skittish around armed soldiers and want to get out of their vehicles and/or lie on the ground. Not sure what, if anything, can be done about this.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jan 2008, 13:12:52 »
AFAIK Civilians are always sided with Resistance. You may try to make Resistance friendly to East from the mission menu. You may set also the driver's very first waypoint to "CARELESS" and "NEVER FIRE".

I have civilians driving Buses full of west soldiers without any problem, in that case Resistance is friendly to "EVERYBODY" so the civilians are "happy" near anyother soldier.

Offline Strother

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jan 2008, 17:42:11 »
but the thing is, there are no soldiers around, I have the east guy grouped with 0 probability of presence.  One of the civs in the truck does have an AK though, but it would seem that since they are all on the East side, it would be fine.  I remember when I made a car bomb mission, I couldn't use the civs because once they drove by the checkpoint they jumped out and never reached the target, so i had to switch to an East camel pilot (I was using resistance and west in the mission).  Well using the camel driver worked out cuzz you couldn't see he was a camel pilot cuzz he would blow up.  The only thing was, once the guards realized he wasn't civ, they would fire and sometimes stop him ruining the mission lol.