Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Spy mission, bad guys: don't shoot until I have a weapon out.  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Bennet

• Members
 :scratch: Ok, I've searched high and low for something on the site that might answer these questions, but to no avail.  So here it is:

Inspired by the new James Bond movie, I decided to make a daylight rescue mission where James must rescue a damsel in distress. 

Here's are my questions: ???

1.(a)Is it possible to have the badguys hold their fire until you pull a weapon out?  ???

(b) is it possible to holster a pistol until your ready to shoot it out?  ???

2.  The only spy type character I could find was under the independent side, does anyone know where to find a good spy character?  ???

(b) if the game provided spy character is the only option I have, how would you be viewed by the AI as hostile only when you pull a weapon out?

3. The only female character I can find is the reporter from the campaign, and she's invincible with mutilated hands (I think due to the fact she holds a mic and a clipboard) does anyone know how to make her vulnerable/or find downloads for women?   ???

I've been an committed OFP player since around '02, and I have tons of addons from that game but the addons for ArmA seem to be skimpy at best!  :D
Bennet

"Mr. President, I'm not saying we won't get our hair mussed. I do say, no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops! Depending on the breaks."

Offline Loyalguard

• Former Staff
Bennet-

1) I think the first thing to look at is Cheetah's holster script:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=30346.0

I haven't used it yet but if I recall correctly there is a way to make you "captive" when the weapon is holstered so you are not considered hostile (needs verification).  There should be an example to show how.

2) Anchorman2 is probably going to be your only real choice for a spy (if you want someone in a suit).

3) No other females, I don't even think there are any addons yet either and you cannot make here vulnerable either.  Sorry!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Have it as captive all the time until he has a weapon.

setCaptive command

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Well, there're also Solus' Example People which has a bunch of models grabbed from OFP.

Man, I should get into people-modelling. Would be interesting. ^_^

I think the holster-script should be good enough, but if not, Mandoble's suggestion also works! Something like:

if (Player hasWeapon "M9") then {Player setCaptive false};

Good luck!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Does anyone know how hard it is to make unit addons? If they're is an understandablae tute, I wouldnt mind undertaking the task of adding a vast selection of civillians units to the game. Perhaps with a tremendous AI imrpovement?

Offline Los

• Members
Is there a way to get the holster script to work in multiplayer?

Los

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992