Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: My Grass flies up and stays in air! HELP.  (Read 2051 times)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

My Grass flies up and stays in air! HELP.
« on: 27 Oct 2002, 03:18:53 »
Hi, I'm making my afghan map and I made few dense grass addon to simulate a more realistic terrain and to save time instead inserting all those grasses and objects manually in the wrp editor.

I was also going to send it to dead meat to add it to his map but I had  a problem before sending it.  The problem is said in the topic.

I applied masses to all the grasses by selecting all "ctrl+A" then applied 9000 to the mass section in the geometry Lod then saved it and added in the wrp editor.  The result is the picture attached.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

Re:My Grass flies up and stays in air! HELP.
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2002, 03:23:14 »
and when a plane crashes or chopper crashes or even if a armored vehicle blows up or even even if too much damage is applied to the grass all the grass just lifts up and stays in the air (it'll be cool if all the grass flies up and comes down to the ground though.)

The picture is attached what happenes.  

Is it something in the config file or in the oxy?

SFG

« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2002, 03:26:37 »
Just dont give it a Geo lod.... It doesnt need one.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2002, 15:22:20 »
Wow,,, what a easy thing...... dang.. thanks SFG.  One more question.... how do you give the grass the property so even when the terrain turns from a flat ground to a slope, the grass will automatically adjust its placement angles and height? Because when I put those grasses in a sort of rough mountanous terrain, some,,, or few grasses will be placed to the ground but most of them will float in the air.

What I mean is, how do I give them the property of forest where all those trees will authomatically adjust them selfs to the terrain.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2002, 15:27:45 »
Have the grass a landcontact if not that can be the problem m8

ofp..hahha

« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2002, 21:15:45 »
No it is not land contact you select the bottom part of the grass and then you press ctrl+e and select keep height fence
and then it will stick to the ground
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2002, 21:16:55 by NAA Us Marine »

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2002, 18:05:48 »
WOhhoW!! Thanks soo soo much!! That was it!! Dang!! I want to show you guyz the result but I can't since it is 1:50 AM currently and I'm going to sleep.  Well, now that I'm getting use to the oxygen.  I made few soldier models.  Few pics  posting.  I wonder if UCE could kind of retexture these boyz to his modern Russian infantry.  I don't care if it becomes his addon because I don't have the talent to skin and I rather want to see good addons produced "with" my models.  Well night.  Thanks guyz.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2002, 18:10:43 »
pic2.  This is the Russian Reidoviki (Raiders) With a new tactical Tarzan- flora camo vest

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #8 on: 29 Oct 2002, 18:16:59 »
pic3 you wil notice that I have added a butt pack and a backpack and also few more poaches to these guyz and with a holster since,,, you know,,, modern russian soldiers, especially when it comes to the special units like the raiders, they "DO" get a little more better equipments than a normal infantry men.

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #9 on: 29 Oct 2002, 23:32:58 »
CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM, could you give those a realistic camo-pattern? That would be nice  :)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #10 on: 30 Oct 2002, 13:43:55 »
hi there crunchy.  Which one are you talking about? The USMC or the Reidoviki (raders, Russian)?  or is it both? LOL

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #11 on: 31 Oct 2002, 03:29:36 »
I dont really know about the USMC

But, the ruskies, your are using the BIS camo pattern...(which I never seen IRL) Maybe you could use Uce's textures? maybe not... and maybe a AK-74M would be nice, since the ol' wooden AK-74 is getting pretty updated. (No, dont use UceE's AK-74M, their colours are really messed up, they are brown...!)

:-*  ;)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #12 on: 03 Nov 2002, 15:46:05 »
Hi, sorry to bring up this topic again but,, I don't know why but that taking away the geometry lod ain't working.  I thought it was working good untill I destroyed 6 tanks, and 11 choppers.  The grass flew up again.  I guess taking away the geometry LOD just made the grass more tougher but it didn't solve the problem.  Anyone know how to not make the grass' get destroyed?

Thanks.