Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Multiplayer "radio" music.  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Blazin

• Members
Multiplayer "radio" music.
« on: 05 Oct 2007, 01:50:12 »
Basicly, in a multiplayer mission I want all vehicals to have the option to turn on radio, and that to initiate a script to play BIS songs (Using unit say "blah" so that players nearby the vehical can also hear it, even if that somehow means redefining BIS music as sounds in the description.ext). With the option to skip ones the playerss don't like.

I know a few small things but scripting stuff like this isn't my forte. So can y' gimme a hand, people?

It needs to work on vehicals that are "spawned" too, like in Crime City, Nogville, ect.

Would also be good if the script reduced the volumes of the songs played, as normal volume things are a tad loud when on say.

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
Re: Multiplayer "radio" music.
« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2007, 04:36:37 »
I'm the biggest newb at MP editting, but what I can tell you:

Volume:

Command :
FadeMusic

Description :
Decrease/increase the volume of the games music.

Syntax :
transitionTime FadeMusic volume

transitionTime is the time over which to do the change (in seconds) adjustment is the volume adjustment. If greater than 1 then it will increase the volume. If < 1 then the volume will be decreased.

Returns :
N/A

Example:
4 fadeMusic 0.5

Hope that works for volume.

Chris :)
Need proof-reading for anything? Need a banner for your upcoming mod? Need a pic for your mission? Hit me up with a message. I have a bit of knowledge in Photoshop and formal/military writing.
Be sure to provide sufficient details when posting what you want requested. Thanks guys!

Offline Blazin

• Members
Re: Multiplayer "radio" music.
« Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2007, 05:21:55 »
Thanks... I'm more after the whole getting the action to be added to cars, and making it play for all computers...

But that might be usfull...