Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Loading Screen text - *SOLVED*  (Read 1060 times)

Offline The Vulcan

• Members
Loading Screen text - *SOLVED*
« on: 11 Sep 2007, 13:59:07 »
When the mission is loading there is a transparent white bar with the name of the mission and time shown accross it.

Where do you edit this loading text ?

I have my new map with only the mission.sqm file in it.   When I preview the map in the editor no text or white bar is shown on the loading screen.

When I copy a briefing.html into the folder and hit preview the loading screen shows. 17:Capture the island however when I look into the briefing.html I can not find any reference to that text.
If I remove the briefing.html from the folder and hit preview again the loading text is no longer there.

I would have thought this text was set in the Intel window where you set the weather.
Name:
Description:

Name appears on the notepad in the map screen but i can't find where the description text is shown.

Thanks...

« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2007, 14:55:22 by The Vulcan »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Loading Screen text
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2007, 14:12:45 »
Not much we can do unless we can see the mission files, does it have a stringtable?

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2007, 14:13:13 »
The loading screen text is changable in the description.ext, the option is called onLoadMission= "Mytext";
Xbox Rocks

Offline The Vulcan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2007, 14:40:09 »

Thanks for the quick response guys.

I did put a description.ext in my folder thinking thats where it was.
I also found the line
onLoadMission=$STR_MP_M06n01;

But as I couldn't find $STR_MP_M06n01; in the folder with everything else I gave up on it and removed description.ext from my maps folder.

Your right of coarse and that was it.....  THANK YOU  :good: 

But I can't for the life of me figure out why adding the briefing.html caused it to display a mission text.

I spent hours and hours chasing my tale on this stupid thing....
If I had just asked straight away I wouldn't have wasted my whole evening, but I dont like to ask until I have killed myself trying to find the solution...

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: Loading Screen text - *SOLVED*
« Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2007, 15:11:46 »
Thats what we're here for!  :cool2:
Xbox Rocks