Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SOLVED : Displaying action menu whilst camera in action  (Read 1459 times)

Offline SniperUK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Is there anyway you can write a script so the side bar command still comes up on the right hand side even though the camera is in use? I am trying to implement where the camera will be scripted with predefined coordinates and by using the sidebar the user will have the option to go back or to next to view the different camera shots. Can this be done or must this be done with a dialog box? If so...where can i find a good tutorial that talks in depth about dialogs, i did check the editors depot and although there was a tutorial when i tried to use and examine the files provided they didnt work in arma.
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2007, 14:00:10 by SniperUK »

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: Displaying action menu whilst camera in action
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jul 2007, 11:40:18 »
Try playing with the camCommand :dunno:

OFP type dialogs should work in ArmA, I myself am working on one and I made the base of it using an old OFP dialog maker tool..
Anyways, there's some stuff about dialogs in the BIS Wiki..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline SniperUK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jul 2007, 12:21:22 »
Thanks for the info, i'll definitely look into the dialogs but i will also look into the camcommand also. What is the purpose of that command? i did read up on it abit and can see manual on and off, does that just mean when u activate it, it lets them browse and move the camera freely?

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jul 2007, 12:44:43 »
I can't remember, it was so long ago last time I dealt with that particular command..

I think it's quite likely that you need to go the dialog way.

Offline SniperUK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jul 2007, 17:36:31 »
yeah i will definitely look into that and see what i can do, on another note though, is it possible to get a camera to quit itself when it detects a certain keypress / key being pressed on the keyboard rather than u having to set a timer when it quits, just to allow the user to decide how long the camera remains active.

Offline SniperUK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2007, 15:34:22 »
ok i've made good progress on making a dialog box for this, however my difficulty is, at the moment i have the camera coming up with buttons for you to press such as next and previous, but the way the camera works is that it disables the mouse cursor and therefore can not click on the buttons on the screen, is there any command that will allow the user to be able to use there mouse during a cutscene?

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2007, 17:01:19 »
Should be, if you have played the ArmA campaign there are those screens where you select the main and auxiliary missions and there is a small screen where a cutsecene is being played.
Since there's no real documentation on how they've done that the only thing I can suggest you to do is to un-pbo the official campaign and see how they did it.
What I'm sure of is that it will be pretty complex stuff :P
The missions with prefix S, like for example S07IntoTheEnemyTerritory.Sara should be the 'missions' which include those dialogs..

Oh, and do not double post, please.
If you have something to add to your post after a short period of time (we'd prefer that about 3 days should pass), modify your post instead of replying to yourself.  :cop:

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: SOLVED : Displaying action menu whilst camera in action
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2007, 14:41:16 »
I've worked with cameras and dialogs many times, never did the camera affect the operation of the dialog  :blink: