Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Grenade Trigger  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Hellbender

• Members
Grenade Trigger
« on: 28 Jun 2007, 07:37:46 »
Okay, could someone tell me how to make triggers that make grenades, smoke, flares, and those kind of things based on proximity or timer?

I could do this easily in OFP, but I guess it doesn't work the same way in Arma!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Grenade Trigger
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2007, 12:03:04 »
It is the same, but use createVehicle instead of camCreate and the corresponding new name of the grenade object class ("grenadeHand" ?"). Check here the different weapon classs names in ArmA.

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2007, 17:58:38 »
Hi Hellbender,

Ok, if you want a proximity or timer, make a trigger and set it to activate when the bad guys or the player comes close. For proximity you could have a minimum time of say 10 seconds or whatever. then in the activation line you could execute a script with some of the lines below:

Here's a way to create a small bomb at say, a gamelogic called "target1".

BOMB1 = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle getpos target1

To create a flare 100 meters in the air, (in this case for my mission at a gamelogic called "tresflare"):

flare1 = "F_40mm_Red" createVehicle [getPos tresflare1 select 0, getPos tresflare1 select 1, 100]

You can change the color of the flare from Red to Green etc.  This looks really cool at night in the game!!!!  Thanks SharkAttack and Mandoble for teaching me how.
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2007, 18:01:58 by Lee »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2007, 18:10:09 »
Here's a way to create a small bomb at say, a gamelogic called "target1".

BOMB1 = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle getpos target1

Well, not so small, that is the biggest bomb present in ArmA till this date  :D

There is something you may want to consider here, in ArmA you will not make an ammo to explode just creating the same ammo twice in the same position. This is just because both ammos will not collide. If you want to create a mid.air explosion, you'll need a bomb and something that may make that bomb explode, something to collide with it. In some cases you may try the "Bomb" object (wich explodes as soon as you creates it and keep burning there).

Offline Hellbender

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2007, 02:59:07 »
Thanks guys! Lots of good ideas here!  :clap:

Lee's flare solution is what I used in OFP with flares, smoke, and tankshells. Just needed to hear what I should do differently in Arma!

Problem solved I guess!

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2007, 16:47:15 »
Hopefully it works  :).  Mandoble has a good point about objects (there are few who understand this game as well as he does!)