Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tiger Gunboats -Now Released!  (Read 6786 times)

BoNeCoLLeCToR

Re:Tiger Gunboats -Now Released!
« Reply #15 on: 29 Oct 2002, 04:43:12 »
Klink m8 nice addon and thanks for fixing the bugs your next addon must be the Motorbike's and than you must make a Hovercraft that would be a nice addon for the Marines m8 ;)

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
« Reply #16 on: 29 Oct 2002, 09:27:15 »
well thats what i meant  but the problem isnt with the weapon, its with the ammo, the shotmissile simulation isnt supported on simulation=boat;(or whatever it is) so basically, your super screwed when trying to make this work

Yep we're super screwed all right:)
I changed one of the boats to a tank class and tried that. Problem was the water height changed.. and I had to put the speed up to move realistically in the wate.. but boy did it motor across land:)
Back to the drawing board it seems.
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #17 on: 29 Oct 2002, 14:09:27 »
I've been playing around w/ them boats for a while now and it seems
the coolest thing is the fact that you can actually get out of ONE boat
and then board another boat if it's sailed up right next to it  8)
(off course the boats need to be steady while doing this)

guess the get out radius for some reason makes this possible. really cool for
coast guard drug/weapons smuggler missions.  ;D try it out yerself, m8s, it sticks!

The camo ain't the best though - I'd like an all grey sea color, though one boat
in green camo is ok for river missions.

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 30 Oct 2002, 12:56:55 »
Ok I goofed on the last update. The gunsite for the 50 cal was in the wrong folder. Rest assured the latest upload is on my site. There will be no more up dates for the tigers unless i feel like making a new skin such as a coastguard one that has been requested, and perhaps a plain grey one.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #19 on: 31 Oct 2002, 01:48:06 »
I'm Diggin' the Boats Colonel, but when I'm Drivin it I cant see, the Dash board is in my way, did you intend this? other than that they are very Gnarly, Right On!  :D

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #20 on: 31 Oct 2002, 02:22:02 »
I think it's a cool detail - makes ya feel like yer really down there in that boat  8)

However, it IS possible to change the field of view but as this is a
config matter, I believe it's up to our most (elswhere) BUSY!!! :o (got that klinkster?!  ;D ;) )
colonel to decide wether it should be changed or not.

Prolly a ViewPilot thingy, I'd say  :)

My advice :  stick to it and love it by time, it's really like if you got all wet ( :beat: )  ;D

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 31 Oct 2002, 13:13:24 »
The driver view question has been raised several times.. even by my own brother, who i reminded that when you sit in one of these boats at high speed it is impossible to see where you are going unless you stand up.

Unfortunately as far as I know there is no separate driver view in the ship class. Not like driver in driver out as in the tanks. As it is the driver seat is higher than the others. What I do is switch to 3rd person view when driving at high speed..
It is a model problem and not the config. But just to let you know there will be no more updates to the boats until I do the plain navy grey and a coastguard version.. which is not on my list of things to do program at the moment.

The trikes and the biker gang lincoln will be the last public addons I'll be releasing for a while, as my commitment to the Falklands mod and another outside of OFP project are taking precedence.

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #22 on: 31 Oct 2002, 16:38:51 »
because of small minded prats who constantly moan at Klink hes taken drastic action, go here and read what he has posted on his site!! hope u r happy

http://www.dc3d.co.nz/

DeLiltMon

« Reply #23 on: 31 Oct 2002, 17:06:56 »
Looks like we've lost a damn good addon maker  :(, you know a little appreciation goes a long way, I'd be interested to know how many nit pickers have ever actually tried making an addon themselves. People seem to forget that these addons take time and effort to make, spare time at that, at the expense of doing other things! I never fully appreciated the amount of work involved in msking an addon until I decided to try it myself, not just in making it but finding reference pics, etc and to make as many as Klink has done takes alot of dedication.
Anyway I'm going to get down off my high horse now before I fall off. You'll be missed Klink.

NZ-PsychoKiwi

« Reply #24 on: 31 Oct 2002, 23:41:23 »
What Klink is leaving, it is a shame that most people say what is wrong with it and not "hey good job on the model klink", maybe someone needs to start a poll to see how many what klink to continue his addons ;D
« Last Edit: 01 Nov 2002, 00:13:40 by NZ-PsychoKiwi »

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #25 on: 31 Oct 2002, 23:58:40 »
Klink is not leaving he is only stopping to make single addons he goes back to work at Falklands Mod maybe but don't know he will make 3/5 addons single for dl for the community keep up the good work klink m8

NZ-PsychoKiwi

« Reply #26 on: 01 Nov 2002, 00:07:05 »
Ok, i was only saying that cause i know what he says and want he is saying sounds like he won't be doing any for the public no more, he is getting fed up with all the bad replys, and i know this cause i live in the same house and that is want he tells me. If we can show him that there is lot of people out there that like his addons he might change his mind.
just an idea  ;D

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #27 on: 01 Nov 2002, 00:19:38 »
BoNeCoLLeCToR, NZ-PsychoKiwi is also on the falklands mod and he personally knows klink  ;)

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #28 on: 01 Nov 2002, 00:38:25 »
I think Klink is doing the right thing to stop making public addons it is better that he is at work on the mod so the mod progress can be fast single addons are great but a mod is a new game think about it guys Klink m8 go on and help the other members of falklands mod to finnish the mod m8 I love you we love you klink but when will you make the airplane tutorial of you I know it is there but half make it final so we can make planes too ;)
« Last Edit: 01 Nov 2002, 00:40:00 by BoNeCoLLeCToR »

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #29 on: 01 Nov 2002, 01:00:23 »
 :wow: Quote from the klinster's place :

...I will continue to make addons for the Falklands mod team,
and will make addons for my own use, and for selected friends...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

:hmm:  :D Easy uppie, klinkster m8  :-*

- you've got 680.000 selected friends out here  ;D

I still remember those bombed out houses you were working on back in
OFP v_1.30 (half a year ago now, I think)   - a man of visions and with
the true pioneer spirit  :joystick: :thumbsup:

Many a good gamer has got his own thoughts on how stuff should appear,
and will say it out loud - thats just human beings! It doesn't mean they're always right,
and it certainly doesn't always mean that they don't like what they get.
They just post before they think - a bit like I do  ::) ;D  Most humans are
just simple, selfish and not too bright beings. Live with it, man.

I know you can take criticism, always could. But I also know and understand that
sometimes it gets all crappy and too much, when you just spent weeks on
making an addon and don't get the proper cred's for it.

Personally, I don't give a flies ass about cred's when it comes to game addons,
but I SURELY understand why most ppl do...

- It's alotta hard work to create addons!

:P

Have a break, my friend - we all need fresh air every now & then!  ;)

But neah quitting, or I'll have to send a few prospects of the TMCM out to
knock on yer door, pal.  >:( ;D You've got too many friends around here to be
able to withdraw completely!!!  

But a concentrated dedication to your mod can be granted  :afro:  provided we will meet again
and have a few beers while downloading your (at that time) latest stunning project.  :-*

Let's raise a toast and salute ONE colonel here, m8s  :cheers:

CHEERS, Klinkster!!!!