Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: response unit to activate on 2 conditions  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Novusordo

• Members
response unit to activate on 2 conditions
« on: 14 Apr 2007, 21:11:25 »
hey I want an enemy response force to drive into the objective when taken IF the player has NOT destroyed a secondary objective - the communication mast.

So basically the mission is to take two farmhouses and I've made a communication mast and named it radar1 ontop of a mountain and if the okayer chooses to destroy the comm mast, the response force will NOT react to the player taking the objective.

So I put a switch trigger activated by BLUEFOR around the objective farmhouse and sync'd it with a BMP waypoint then did another waypoint for the BMP and sync'd it with a trigger with condition
Code: [Select]
(alive radar1) then for the BMP's next waypoint I gave it a search and destroy at the objective farmhouse.

so basically for the BMP to come zooming in to the objective zone, two conditions must be met -

1. a BLUEFOR is present at the objectives immediate vicinity
2. the communication mast must be intact

it's not working.

is "(alive radar1)" the correct method? please help.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: response unit to activate on 2 conditions
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2007, 00:03:13 »
In the presence trigger's condition put

this && (damage radar1 < 0.9)
"this" there means the proper condition of the trigger as it is configured (BLUEFOR present), after that you may add as many other conditions as needed. If the BMP WP previous to Seek and Destroy is a MOVE one, you dont need, in fact, you dont want a SWITCH trigger, just sync the trigger with the MOVE WP so that the MOVE will be accomplished when the BMP reaches it AND the condition of the trigger is met.

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2007, 19:23:57 »
also
this AND (alive radar1)
will achieve the same result
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline Novusordo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2007, 00:45:25 »
In the presence trigger's condition put

this && (damage radar1 < 0.9)

cheers m8 that worked perfect and thanks shark. i'll paste em both in my code snippets file for future use.

EDIT: No need to quote the entire post replied to, quote edited  h-
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2007, 08:16:45 by h- »