Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Weapons that can't be pulled from corpses.  (Read 1488 times)

Baphomet

Weapons that can't be pulled from corpses.
« on: 13 Oct 2002, 18:21:53 »
     Has anyone used an addon which couldn't for some reason be looted from a corpse after you killed the person who originally started with it? I have recently experienced this and I find it quite annoying. Does anyone know why this happens? I'd really like to fix a few of them so that they're more feasible for actual gameplay.

MadWolf

Re:Weapons that can't be pulled from corpses.
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2002, 10:30:09 »
Some of my addons had this problem.
I had to totally remake them. Now they work, but I wasn't able to understand what was the problem.

Stalker

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2002, 10:53:51 »
Yes there was some problems with addons mostly with reworked Kozlice.

Offline angusjm

• Contributing Member
    • Virtual SAS
« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2002, 21:32:24 »
All the addons that I have tried can be pulled from corpses - except Gimbal's Tossers.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #4 on: 20 Oct 2002, 04:16:02 »
well I know that due to game limitations a Civilian can't pickup a M60 or PK, or an RPG, because the game engine won't alow it or some Crap like that  :P or like a hand gun, I know old addons won't pick them up (not always though), so the prob may not be with the Weapon, maybe the Unit, or the game it's self (Imagine that  ;) )

Baphomet

« Reply #5 on: 20 Oct 2002, 06:02:00 »
No, no, no. I mean user made addons that for some reason are fucked up in some way so that you can't pick them up off the owner of it when they are killed. Quakergamer's Desert eagle has this problem, at least I've had that experience with it. I told him about it too and he didn't seem to deny it either. He said he's going to fix it however.

Still its a shame when cool addons come out and then they are impaired by a minor yet significant flaw.

Offline DaCoroner

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 24 Oct 2002, 06:50:02 »
Here's a long shot... Try checking the weapons "weaponType" and see if you (or the soldier you are controlling) has a weapon slot for it.  I know that *is* the cause of the problem with old addon soldiers not being able to pick up pistols so maybe this is somehow related?

Good luck