Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Objectives - Showing the next (obj2) only after the previous is done (obj1)  (Read 1289 times)

Offline satexas69

• Members
I have a map with many objectives.

For example:  Obj1 --> Obj9

How can I "hide" them in the notes or mission briefing (as they're listed in the Briefing.html) and only SHOW them when the previous is done?

IE, once OBJ1 completes (=true), then show OBJ2 in the notes and display it's marker?

Is that even possible?

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
"2" ObjStatus "HIDDEN" in init sqs
then when you want to reveal it
"2" objStatus "ACTIVE"

also for markers

markername  SetMarkerType to "empty" in init then.. again when you want to reveal it SetMarkerType to"flag"
havnt tried it myself  but thats how it was done in ofp..
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Let's say you've a trigger named trigger_obj2.

In the init.sqs:
"trigger_obj2" setMarkerType "empty";

When you want to activate the marker:
"trigger_obj2" setMarkerType "MarkerType";
Here the marker type can be any from the list, like arrow - flag - flag1 - dot. Depends on your preferance.

Don't think that you can actually hide stuff active in the briefing / notes. What you can do is to create a special section, with the following code in the briefing:

Code: [Select]
<hr>
<hr>
<h2><a name="obj2"></a>Objective 2<br></h2>
<h4>
Blablablabla text text text, the officer might be at mapgrid Ef67
</h4>

Most of the times I put this code after the objectives section in the briefing, so that's between the objectives part and the end of the html document.

Now, in the objectives part you do the following:
<p><a name = "OBJ_1"></a>Kill comrade Mantov</a></p>
<hr>
<p><a name = "OBJ_2"></a>Find the other officer. <a href="#obj2">More information</a></a></p>
<hr>

If you want to make things even more "perfect", I suggest that you give out a little hint to the player that his objectives have been updated. So in the trigger, or script whatever you use to detect if the objective has been completed:
hint "Objectives Updated";

Good luck.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
You should also download Chris's Script Editor:

http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/tools.php

It can create perfect briefings for Armed Assault, EXTREMELY useful resource.