Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need Help with an new AP mine.  (Read 1061 times)

Offline FA Dalai Lamar

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Need Help with an new AP mine.
« on: 23 Oct 2002, 09:35:57 »
Ok OFP needs AP mines not just he old AT ones...no newflash there. Well I want to make some and I have browsed the decrypted cpps over and over, but I can't for the life of me figure out what causes the existing OFP AT mines to go off. It must be something in the Armor scripting, but it is not obvious. I want to make a new model, not a scripted simulation, that goes off when a man steps on or near it, but I cannot figure it out. Any clues on how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated by me and I am sure the entire OFP community.

DL :-[

imemyself

Re:Need Help with an new AP mine.
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2002, 23:39:38 »
I just guessing but in the config.bin for OFP in the cfgammo section(I think) under mine it has this:
simulation="shotMine";
I would think that that would tell it when to explode.

Offline FA Dalai Lamar

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2002, 01:35:26 »
Well yeah I figured that would be it, but there is nothing in the cpp to indicate what has to happen to set off the simulation "shotmine", which in the game only seems to be armored vehicles and not men and softtargets. I guess it might not be able to get it from the cpp.

ARGGG!! I know it has to be doable.

thanks though for your help.

DL

captain caffeine

« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2002, 05:21:29 »
  I have tried this idea as many ways possible as I can think,
the biggest problem with the mine detonation is when a tank runs over the mine it causes damage to the point it sets off the destruct engine, unfortunatley since soldiers do not cause damage to thier surrounding environment in OFP you're just kinda SOL.    But in code snippets BloodMixer has some good files as do a few others.   But I agree with you that it should be doable  , I tried to tinker with making a mine sort of as a vehicle with the    ( getInRadius= whatever
and when the soldier gets within the getinRadius it would setDammage 1 causing the destruct engine to initiate  but as far as I know this command can only be done in the init field
of the editor.  If you ever get this sucker figured out lemme know cause AP mines are a part of war { nasty as they may be}