Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: setIdentity problem when using sideRadio  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
setIdentity problem when using sideRadio
« on: 09 Mar 2007, 22:11:43 »
In a mission I have an officer on a safe place shouting stuff over the radio. I made a nice class in the description.ext:

Code: [Select]
class CfgIdentities
{
  class captain
  {
  name = "John Steward";
  face = "face26";
  glasses = "none";
  speaker = "patrick";
  pitch = 1;
  };
};

In the init.sqs or the unit's initialization line I put: this setIdentity "captain";
The unit is named s0.

Well, now the problem is that when using: s0 sideRadio "STR_R1"; (STR_R1 well defined in description.ext and stringtable.csv) it shows: 1-1-D: blablabla whereas I'd like - 1-1-D (John Steward): blablabla.
Tried doing this by using additional callsigns defined in the stringtable (found a thread for OFP) but didn't work for me. It involved defining the STR_CFG_GRP_ALPHA (something like this) in the stringtable and assigning a groupname, ALPHA.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? When the officer is my group leader, his name is "John Steward" in the group section of the briefing. Weird stuff.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: setIdentity problem when using sideRadio
« Reply #1 on: 09 Mar 2007, 23:15:37 »
Have you tried that in OFP (exactly that, and don't tell me you have uninstalled OFP ;) )?

If the name is displayed in OFP then there's a possibility that this whole thing is handled differently (or is bugged) in ArmA..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: setIdentity problem when using sideRadio
« Reply #2 on: 09 Mar 2007, 23:43:08 »
Will try that, and no of course OFP is still on my harddrive. Where would all those (review please) OFP SP missions else go to?
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!