Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: weapon selection  (Read 1491 times)

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
weapon selection
« on: 06 Mar 2007, 14:41:11 »
hmmm...

ive noticed that if a unit from youre group starts in cargo ..
you can  not change his weapon loadout at the briefing page ..

to work around this ive added the units manually from init .. (needs a slight delay or else units start in cargo)
is it possible to hide the players location on the map at briefing page .. then reveal it again once mission has started ..

"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: weapon selection
« Reply #1 on: 06 Mar 2007, 16:47:27 »
That's an old OFP "feature" : I believe the classic workaround is something like you've described : that the group is moved into the vehicle they need to be moved into a fraction of a second into mission start, for instance in a trigger or a waypoint. Start with a short black-in and no-one will be any the wiser  :good:

As to hiding the player's location - I assume you're playing Cadet mode then, since in Veteran (in the default difficulty settings) you can never see the player's or any body else's start location on the map. If it's that important, I suggest you simply place the player in some dummy location (out in the sea, or on some abandoned island), and then at mission init you move them to their intended location.

Hope that helps,

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: weapon selection
« Reply #2 on: 06 Mar 2007, 17:16:33 »
i tried moving the players location out to sea
but in mp each man can see his start position on the map .. unless as you said it is played in vet mode ..

is there no other way ?

"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match