Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Oddity - WayPoint warning  (Read 1288 times)

Offline satexas69

• Members
Oddity - WayPoint warning
« on: 06 Mar 2007, 03:25:54 »
Found something really interesting and odd via troubleshooting it over hours:

Scenario : I have some pilots standing outside some AH1Z's with each pilot having a GET IN waypoint for his respective chopper. 5 Pilots, 5 choppers. The GET IN waypoint is SYNCHRONIZED to a OBJECTIVE TRIGGER - so that when the trigger goes off, they perform the GET IN.

Easy enough right? Well here's the catch..

If the GET IN waypoint is centered on the AH1Z, the pilot will run up to it, and "run in place" against it's body, eventually randomally dying before the synchronized trigger goes off allowing him to actually perform the GET IN action. Why? Because he's trying to reach the dead center of the waypoint, and obviously can't because of the bulk of the AH1Z - but he "dies", literally on the ground eventually.

But if I take the waypoint, and move it OFF of the AH1Z just to the side (outside the chopper graphic), the pilot won't freak out, and he lives - and it works realiably.

Odd.

To some of you veterans here - this may be a known "feature" of the game - but I haven't read about this type of thing anywhere, and wanted to let anyone know reading this forum about this to save them some pain when doing their own missions.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Oddity - WayPoint warning
« Reply #1 on: 06 Mar 2007, 07:02:35 »
In a similar vein..........

If you give the chopper a waypoint to go somwhere, but remove the fuel before it can go...........what happens?

Answer:

The pilot ...and gunner .....if relevant, get out and stand about waiting.

As soon as you give the chopper some fuel......the pilot and gunner, if relevant, get back in and continue with their waypoints as if nothing had happened.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Oddity - WayPoint warning
« Reply #2 on: 06 Mar 2007, 10:31:46 »
This is stuff that should be added to the COMREF/BIKI - interesting, foh shure!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"