Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: turbo boost or turbo jump in ArmA?  (Read 2148 times)

Offline D_P_

• Members
  • YAY! I'm a lama again! ...oh wait.
    • ArmaAddons
turbo boost or turbo jump in ArmA?
« on: 03 Mar 2007, 04:30:39 »
I remember some really fun turbo boost and turbo jump scripts in OFP...but when i tried em in arma it doesn't seem to work :(
The scripts were called via the action menu in ofp.���  Anyone know of a script that will do the job?

...also, are there really no "auto"tanks in arma? By auto i mean a 1 seater tank where the driver controls the turret aswell. Just curious - I loved those tanks :(
Much thanks in advance guys!
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2007, 18:03:11 by D_P_ »
just setpos & forgetpos!

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: turbo boost or turbo jump in ArmA?
« Reply #1 on: 03 Mar 2007, 10:03:11 »
Where there "auto" tanks in OFP then? Anyway, maybe put down an empty tank, get in yourself and switch between its positions or use manual fire (action menu) in the driver seat.

What is a turbo boost / turbo jump script? Turbo boost speeds up a car or walking, jump script let's the player jump?
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline D_P_

• Members
    • ArmaAddons
« Reply #2 on: 03 Mar 2007, 23:44:25 »
Hey Cheetah,
The vehicle classnames for OFP are "M1Abramsauto" & "T80auto". They really are  :cool2:
Switching from driver to gunner takes too much time and can be cumbersome - you need to try the autotanks in ofp - you'll see what i'm taking about.

The turbo boost script accelerates  the player's vehicle, giving him a burst of speed forward. (like nitrus tanks in a street racer or something 007 would have :D)

The turbo jump script makes the player's vehicle leap up into the air. (as if launching off a invisible ramp, like the car in the classic tv series "NightRider" lol)

Sorry if my first post was too vague!  thanks again for any help.
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2007, 18:52:47 by D_P_ »
just setpos & forgetpos!

Offline F2kSel

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2007, 16:41:44 »
I remember using the velocity command to launch a vehicle into the air when it explodes, that may be the way to go.

Offline D_P_

• Members
    • ArmaAddons
« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2007, 18:57:17 »
Well - I've been playing a little with it and have notice that in arma the tanks seem "glued" to the ground. no matter how fast I go off a cliff - the tank refuses to catch any air :(   Maybe this is something new they added since ofp? Eitherway it sucks.
The 4 wheeled vehicle's respond better - but still very diffrent.  And can't find the AUTO Armour anywhere  :dunno:
just setpos & forgetpos!

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2007, 19:13:31 »
Auto armour???

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.