Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Roof  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Roof
« on: 26 Feb 2007, 19:54:07 »
I'm trying to try some stuff with objects, including sandbags, wall, fences, etc and I need something which can serve as a roof, the problem is that I haven't found any suitable object. What I'm looking for is a good looking object, like a pallet, but something which floats and doesn't fall down. The pallet A under objects falls to the ground and is therefore not usable.

Any suggestions for an object usable as a roof?
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: Roof
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2007, 22:16:37 »
Have you tried the setVectorUp command? You can tip things sideways with it! Erm, not sure on what to use, I'd say something like Object SetVectorUp [1,0,0] or so should work? Anyways, a wall piece (is that in ArmA by default? I'm already getting used to the G85 editor addon I fear) tipped over should be good, no?

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2007, 22:28:55 »
or you could look here
http://www.armaleague.com/buildingclasses/Buildings%20and%20Object%20classes%20by%20iLL.htm

lists all builing classes available in editor with pics

a long shot but worth a look
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2007, 23:07:53 »
Thanks, both things are useful. Hopefully with these I can accomplish what I want. Poor fellow who took all the pictures by the way, that has been a lot of work, but useful, at least for me. And with the setvectorup command a lot of things are possible, never know there was something like it.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2007, 00:29:19 »
or you could look here
http://www.armaleague.com/buildingclasses/Buildings%20and%20Object%20classes%20by%20iLL.htm

Our very own comref also sports such a feature.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 27 Feb 2007, 19:23:14 »
sorry planck .. didnt know ..  :good:
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match