Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Medic goto...  (Read 1733 times)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Medic goto...
« on: 22 Feb 2007, 15:26:03 »
How do I get my medic (team member), to move to other injured team members?
Right now, my injuerd guy has to move to the medic, which is not good.
I'm running a script that makes the injured guy stay still so I need the medic to move to him.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

karantan

Re: Medic goto...
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2007, 23:57:06 »
Maybe is not  goto, maybe is  domove getpos ... ;)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2007, 03:25:42 »
No. The script has nothing to do with the medic. It's just some old thing I found on here.

What I need is a seperate script which will make a medic go to an injured soldier in my group once he's been hit.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2007, 10:39:39 »
Stopping the injured soldier doesn't always work for me. Don't know why, but you have a script for that.
I'm not sure if my script works, because in most cases the medic moves to the injured soldier anyway? Don't know why you need a script for that.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #4 on: 23 Feb 2007, 11:19:12 »
because in most cases the medic moves to the injured soldier anyway?

i didn't like to say, but this has always been my experience too. when within a group you'll hear the commander order the injured loon to go to the medic, and then you'll hear the medic say "5, supporting!"

whether this is the case at all behaviour levels remains to be discovered.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb 2007, 11:36:55 »
When you have a group of medics with a SUPPORT waypoint, you may order injured units inside your group to call for support and the medics will move to the position of the calling units. Same for ammo trucks drivers, fuel trucks drivers, etc. You only need to give them a single SUPPORT wp.

karantan

« Reply #6 on: 23 Feb 2007, 13:29:44 »
What I need is a seperate script which will make a medic go to an injured soldier in my group once he's been hit.

That's what I'm talking about; you could make a script with a hit eventHandler as a trigger, then with doMove getPos and then with apropriate switchMove animations and healing process, the script if needed can be garned with some conditions like alive, not alive, getDammage, hands Hit (written together, here are afraid of s-h-i-t word so it writes 'handstuff'), canStand ...

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
« Reply #7 on: 23 Feb 2007, 14:33:27 »
My medics do not always go to my injured players. Seriously, I think this is a phenomenon in Flashpoint. I've heard others talking about it before. The reason I asked about scripting it is because a script I saw here a while ago seems to be gone now. I'm talking pre crash and pre crash times.

I'll have a little fiddle by myself.

EDIT: ... and then have a little fiddle on Flashpoint.  :-[

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 23 Feb 2007, 17:22:41 »
Are your medics on foot? Do they have their own vehicle in its SUPPORT waypoint?

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
« Reply #9 on: 24 Feb 2007, 01:07:33 »
There is no waypoint. My team member is hit and I tell the him to heal at medic. That's it.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 24 Feb 2007, 01:56:32 »
If you dont have a SUPPORT wp for your medics, dont expect them to come in help.

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
« Reply #11 on: 24 Feb 2007, 15:47:01 »
Ok, so now we've got past the reason for my post, how do I do it? The medics I'm talking about are my team members.

Will I need to script it and if so how do I go about it?

Cheers for your patience guys.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #12 on: 24 Feb 2007, 18:04:47 »
Without seeing the 'keep the injured guy at place' script I would suggest that you name your medic and modify the 'keep the injured guy at place' script so that you add  medic doMove (position injujredGuy) in the appropriate place (like after where the scripts detects the injured guy, like the script Cheetah posted does)..

Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.