Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: broke .cpp?  (Read 1962 times)

LimeCordial

broke .cpp?
« on: 30 Aug 2002, 00:00:30 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline KKB

• Members
Re:broke .cpp?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2002, 01:47:13 »
I see that you haven't tagged names for the new ammo and weapon types. Have you copied this section from Moores littlebird?
If you could send me the pbo I could look deeper into the issue and test the cpp.

EDIT:
IIRC, a CTD is usually a sign for a ill-fated hex editing of the p3d. I recommend you test your cpp with the original model you edited first (make sure to have the original addon installed too or the model won't show any textures)
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2002, 15:46:57 by KKB »

LimeCordial

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2002, 16:37:38 »
i havent changed the weapons at all, it is basically just a retexture for use on the resistance side, you can see i have credited capt moore, if i get ti working ill say so in the readme.

Offline KKB

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2002, 18:32:52 »
The thing is, you have to give the weapons other names than those Moore used. otherwise there are 2 addons defining the same stuff, thats not good. It shouldn't boot you to desktop though...

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2002, 12:19:06 »
Either the cpp is wrong, or the p3d is corrupt...

Try to using the config.cpp with a model you know that work, perhaps original model. If it works, then its your P3D
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2002, 16:18:32 by CrunchyFrog »

LimeCordial

« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2002, 17:32:08 »
yeah i tried that, ctd. so its a problem with the .cpp. what was that you were saying about changing the weapon names? how do i do that?

Marksman

« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2002, 17:55:06 »
To change the weapon names just change

class MachineGun30A11: MachineGun7_6

to

class MyNewWeapon: MachineGun7_6

etc. for each weapon

where MyNewWeapon is the name you want to give to your new weapon, without any spaces.

Marksman
----------------------
Edit:
Well you learn something new everyday, cheers KKB  ;)
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2002, 12:49:44 by Marksman »

Offline KKB

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 01 Sep 2002, 01:49:44 »
There is no need to put weapons from vehicles in the cfgpatches section. Only units you directly access with the editor go in there (either placed on the map like soldiers or put to ammocrates like riffles)

About the waeponnames: just change the classnames, add your tag for instance. but make sure to change every reference to the classnames in the cpp accordingly
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2002, 01:52:46 by KKB »

LimeCordial

« Reply #8 on: 24 Oct 2002, 19:47:52 »
right.

i have redefined the weapons, i was speaking to KKB about checking the .cpp but he seems to have been unable to get back to me.

so, any .cpp writers out there, could you take a glance at this and see if anything is wrong which could be causing the crashes to desktop?

thanks in advance.

LimeCordial

« Reply #9 on: 24 Oct 2002, 19:49:43 »
woops, forgot to attach.

Offline angusjm

• Contributing Member
    • Virtual SAS
« Reply #10 on: 25 Oct 2002, 14:11:29 »
I had a similar problem.  It turned out that I had to make all of the texture filenames (including the directory) the same length as the original ones.

Hope this helps.

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #11 on: 25 Oct 2002, 16:15:16 »
yes - if you simply hex-edited the p3d, to change the texture paths, the model will be corrupt, unless the new texture paths were EXACTLY the same length, in characters as the old texture paths - this is the major downfall of hex-editing.

If you want to complete this model, i suggest you use O2, as this is one of the main functions it was designed for - to write the texture paths into the p3d.

to do this:

open the model (it will open if you're using capt moores h-6 model)

select the window tab, and select texture library

hold ctrl and double click on a texture

select the faces, then face properties tab

select all the textures listed in the window that will pop up

change the name of the texture path to your texture path.

do this for all the textures and then save

compile the addon, and it will work :D

LimeCordial

« Reply #12 on: 25 Oct 2002, 19:39:53 »
the lengths are the same, i made sure of that when i edited the p3d. it isnt a new model, simply a retexture. the lengths of names are exactly the same number of characters. im convinced it is a problem with the .cpp and not the p3d as the original helo still ctds when used with the new .cpp.