Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 10 meter DEM quetion  (Read 5149 times)

cirkut5732

Re:10 meter DEM quetion
« Reply #15 on: 07 Jan 2006, 21:17:26 »
so you got a 512 version of vashon island going? and i worked, hmmmm, Im gonna get this today! gotta eat real quick and Im back at it.

I had to get some  new dems from king and kitsap county to get vashon island yes

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #16 on: 07 Jan 2006, 21:44:27 »
Its all easy really when you know how.

Once you have done this sort of thing a few times, it becomes second nature...........maybe......ok.....third nature.   ;D

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

cirkut5732

« Reply #17 on: 07 Jan 2006, 22:02:07 »
K it seems I do good until loading into wilbur or exporting it out of wilbur into wrptool, that is when something is happening.
Plank if its not to big a deal I have zipped up my subset file, and my subset and then resampled file, and sent it to you, If you have some free time could you maybe see if you can figure out what Ive done wrong or send me a lon txt file for this map?

Thanks Plank for the last 2 days of help!
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2006, 22:15:35 by CirKuT »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 07 Jan 2006, 22:31:24 »
Do you convert your final dem into a terragen file for loading into Wilbur?

Planck

cirkut5732

« Reply #19 on: 07 Jan 2006, 22:55:18 »
Ive tried both, Ive use MDEM4TER for a ter file import into wilbur and Ive used MDEM4DEM to load a dem straight into wilbur

When it leaves microdem this is what the file looks like in resampling area
Hemishphere = North
UTM Zone = 10
Cols and Rows = 512
xy Units and spacing are Meters and 50
Zunits are Meters with a Max of 156 and a min of 0

And then I take my file called vashon_merged_subset_sampled.dem change it to a smaller name like v.dem and usially use MDEM4TER to make a ter file

I then open wilbur
Open v.ter
immediately go to save as LON\LAT txt (id look to do the rest of editing in wrptool (like making it a island not a chunk of land)
In the options I do this
1.press set to pixel
when I do this my max height shows as 14.68 wich is wrong..I change this to 156
my min height shows as -13.712, I change this to -5
widht and height is set to 512
and max min XY output bounds are 511
I change decimal points from 4 to 2
and save my file = v.txt

I then open wrptool and select new
I set it to a 512x512 map and then go to Import Wilbur
Browse and open my v.txt file and load it

In wrptool my map shows up as one solid block of land mass all with the same height of 4.0

Now I am following these steps right arent I or am I really dumb and overlooking something! LOL

« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2006, 23:05:47 by CirKuT »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 07 Jan 2006, 22:59:27 »
I have sent you my .txt file now anyway.

Let me know if it works, I can't try myself because WrpTool doesn't like Windows Me.

Planck

cirkut5732

« Reply #21 on: 07 Jan 2006, 23:09:27 »
Havent recieved it yet but then again you must have just sent it cause you just posted this if not my 2 e-mails are
cirkut5732@yahoo.com

and

cirkut5732@comcast.net

Thanks for all Plank! I will reply back when I get the txt file, and when I figure out my problem cause even tho you sent me the txt I still wanna learn what i am doing wrong!

EDIT_________I GOT IT! Checking it now!
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2006, 23:10:19 by CirKuT »

cirkut5732

« Reply #22 on: 07 Jan 2006, 23:13:04 »
LOL........Uhhhhh well yours loaded just fine! Im stupified. Thanks! Maybe Im using older software or something! LOL

By the way did you make this txt fiel with the files I sent or my own? I would like to see how far in the process I can get before my flaw is, Thanks

And when my Map and campaign are finally released you better believe your name will be in the credits!
CirKuT
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2006, 23:18:42 by CirKuT »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #23 on: 07 Jan 2006, 23:28:54 »
I think the problem with your text file might have been that the elevations were in Decimeters instead of meters and Wilbur maybe took them to be Meters.

Your Dem was basically the same as mine, except you had the far right of the merge devoid of land....maybe you just left that dem out of the merge.

EDIT......I made my text file earlier today........a lot earlier, once I read your NW corner settings.   ;D

Planck
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2006, 23:30:36 by Planck »

cirkut5732

« Reply #24 on: 08 Jan 2006, 00:04:23 »
Ya I left those dems out cause I didn need them, and I didnt fix those 2 dems you said were bad because 1. dont know how, and 2. I didnt subset from that area

Just out of curiousity do you think me using Nogova's config file is the reason it screws up in wrptool, Im changing all instances of NOE to my map name and deleting all city names and thats it?

Thanks again, The map looks great, needs a little coastline work, its a little jagged and looks like triangles poking out into the water but thats no prob!

Thanks
CirKuT
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2006, 05:20:18 by CirKuT »

Offline Bullets

• Members
Re: 10 meter DEM quetion
« Reply #25 on: 24 Oct 2006, 08:21:50 »
Hello

[ATF]-Bullets-[2Lt] here, I am interested in finding a DEM for Kuwait, does anyone know where I can get one so I can create a map fo OFP?  I want to use a DEM and mircodem, wilbur, terragen, WRP etc, but need to find a DEM of Kuwait first...lol.  Or, if anyone knows where I can get a OFP map of Kuwait that is already done, that would be a start.  I want to create a Gulf War Campagin that follows the war to a T, historically correct, etc.  Any help would be greatly expected.

Thanks [ATF]-Bullets-[2Lt]

ATEF Member