Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Aircraft weapon loads  (Read 1066 times)

Skaircro

Aircraft weapon loads
« on: 20 Oct 2002, 20:08:37 »
I know a number of addon makers have had the problem where you cant have two different types of weapons on one aircraft, i.e Mavericks AND LGB's at the same time.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a way around this yet?
Or is this just one of those limitations of the game engine that you cant get around?

Also, can someone tell me if this problem has been fixed in Resistance, or does it also exist there as well?

Offline DaCoroner

• Members
Re:Aircraft weapon loads
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2002, 09:17:09 »
I think the actual problem with your example is that the Mavericks and LGB's are both proxy weapons (or NonAIVehicles, whatever OFP calls them) and you can only have one type of those per aircraft.

And, no, resistance doesn't fix that, you can cheat however and include other weapons such as guns or rocket launchers (like the FFAR tubes), DKM's OV-10 Bronco does a good job of that.

Skaircro

« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2002, 16:02:32 »
Thats probably a better way of saying what I was trying to say!  ;)

Yeah.. I was wondering if there was a way around the 'only allowed one type of proxy weapon' thing, to have multiple types of proxy weapons.

I'm messing around making a plane with wingtip pylons and I was hoping to have a loadout something like; Sidewindes on the wingtips, Mavericks under the wings, and bombs under the fuselage.

I'm guessing there wont be any way around it so I will probably just have to use the rocket launcher/machine gun thing.
Love that Bronco. ;D

Offline DaCoroner

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2002, 19:06:26 »
Unfortunately I think your only hope is scripting (eww!)  I haven't played with planes yet, but I ran into a similar brick wall trying to make smoke shells for vehicles :(