Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Change the arrow to horizon in Gizmo mapping  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Plane

• Members
  • You can call me my nickname "Plane"!
Change the arrow to horizon in Gizmo mapping
« on: 20 Aug 2006, 12:01:51 »
A annoying question when i first started to use Gizmo mapping today:
Can i change the green wrapping direction arrow in the Gizmo mapping window from verticle to horizon. :dunno: This is because my texture contains both verticle and horizon mapping sections. So can any one help?
The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
Re: Change the arrow to horizon in Gizmo mapping
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2006, 13:46:18 »
To change the orientation or position of the gizmo mapping, click the 3D button at the top of the gizmo mapping screen.  You should a see drop-down list:
Move
Rotate
Scale

Move will move the gizmo, dimensions are in meters
Rotate will rotate the gizmo, dimensions are in degrees
Scale will change the size of the gizmo

To rotate the gizmo properly, see how the green arrow lines up with the texture, then line up the green arrow on the model so the texture orientation is correct.  This may take a lot of trial and error.  I've done some gizmo mapping before, but I am nowhere near good at it.

You can also change the green arrow's orientation by clicking the SwapUV, MirrorU, and MirrorV buttons near the bottom of the gizmo screen.

Finally, if you need to, you can drag the gizmo screen around by clicking and holding the top blue bar of the screen while you move the mouse.  This will allow you to see one of the model views to help get the gizmo just right.

Good luck, what you are trying to do is one of the hardest (IMO) things in O2.  Feel free to ask any questions, whether they seem stupid or not.

-Pilot

Offline Plane

• Members
  • You can call me my nickname "Plane"!
Re: Change the arrow to horizon in Gizmo mapping
« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2006, 11:07:05 »
Thanks pilot, i did it! :thumbsup:

But i also found a bug in o2light program. When use Gizmo mapping, if the the mapping pic section isn't on the top of the texture, one of the face will be wrong mapped. I use LithUnwrap to correct the mistake and i found the face at a totally wrong position of the texture.
The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.