Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI treat object like forest  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
AI treat object like forest
« on: 27 Jan 2006, 05:06:14 »
I am working on a collection of grave plots for a Najaf City island, and I have run into a problem.  I want the AI to treat the graves like a forest, ie, they will move in and out and between the plots freely.  Right now the AI is keen on trekking around the graves instead of going through them.  For the life of me I can't figure out how to make the AI believe the graves are forests.  I have added a Named Property to the geo lod as the following:
class
Forest

I have made a paths lod for the graves, I have defined the graves in the config.cpp file as forests, and I have even given each grave plot model a prefix of "les_".  None of these attempts have worked.  Is there something obvious I have missed?

Thanks for any help.

-Pilot

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
Re:AI treat object like forest
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2006, 14:30:21 »
i think that a path lod alone is not enough. i guess you need to name the knots, like in brsseb's tuto for a house.
unpbo the BIS forests and you'll see that almost all point in the forest are named intX or posX with X standing for a number.
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2006, 14:35:08 by remcen »
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
Re:AI treat object like forest
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2006, 15:05:19 »
I have done that.  However, I have never made a path lod before, so chances are good I screwed it up somewhere.  Would it help if I posted one of the plots here for you/anyone to look at?

-Pilot
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2006, 15:05:36 by Pilot »

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
Re: AI treat object like forest
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2006, 22:19:10 »
Hi Pilot,

maybe have a look into this thread http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=e7284008d7b1ad074915c239185ef1f3;act=ST;f=48;t=51195 at BIS forum, where i made a
graphical example for Gnat, how to set up a propper ai pathlod.

Just in advance - you'll need lot's of In points and at least one pos point to get it to work.

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
Re: AI treat object like forest
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2006, 19:52:59 »
Hi Chris Death!

Thanks for the reply.  The picture you posted looks very close to what I ended up with.  After OFPEC went down I did a lot of experimenting and looking at BIS's forests.  After some frustrating nights trying to get this to work, I added quite a few more IN points and some more POS points and everything seems to work OK. :)

-Pilot

EDIT:
Hmmm, although I do see something I might have done wrong.  I think I have a few faces that serve more than one point.  Might have to fix that...
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2006, 19:56:28 by Pilot »