Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 3DS MAX -> O2 = NO TEXTURES!!!  (Read 1547 times)

ThEoNeAnDoNlY

3DS MAX -> O2 = NO TEXTURES!!!
« on: 25 Jan 2006, 21:05:13 »
Hey

I model and texture everything i do in 3ds max, but when i export the file (saving the UVW co-ordinates) to 3ds and open it in O2 the textures arent on the model. In Bulldozer the model is just gray!?

Does anyone know the cause of the problem? and prefably how to fix it? I have converted the texture files to .Paa also now and they still dont appear on the model?.

It would be great if i diddnt have to re-apply the textures as to be honest i Hate o2 with a passion as  have developed all my skills on 3ds max. I also want to spend as much time in 3ds max as i will be taking a College course in Computer games design in September and we will be using 3ds max, lightwave and maya, not o2 :)

However, to get myself out of trouble, i think its a good bit of free kit and BIS made the right choice in letting it out to the public! :D

Guy

Offline bdfy85

• Contributing Member
Re:3DS MAX -> O2 = NO TEXTURES!!!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2006, 21:55:45 »
UV maping can be imported in o2. I use Unwrap3D (it works with 3ds ) to map the model, then import themodel into o2. Works fine.  
Liberation Mod scripts&balance

macc

Re: 3DS MAX -> O2 = NO TEXTURES!!!
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jun 2006, 19:40:30 »
yes as bdfy85 said, texture images cannot be inportet with the model, but the model UV map is. so just aply the texture to the object again.