Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Geometry Problem  (Read 1711 times)

Timmothias

Geometry Problem
« on: 22 Sep 2002, 05:49:17 »
i have a model (another skyscraper :) ) and i created a geometry model for it. no matter what i do, it wont work. i made sure its convex (i used the convexity tools) and it still wont work. are there some hidden rules of geometry lods i need to know? help please

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
Re:Geometry Problem
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2002, 14:09:08 »
Less than 300 faces and convex is all I know.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Timmothias

« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2002, 01:18:04 »
durn thats weird, i only have 40 faces. also, i do have mass set, which is what i forgot to mention on the first post ( or did i, i dunno i didnt read it)

Timmothias

« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2002, 03:14:27 »
ok i just switched up a few faces here and there, and now it works fine. strange.....

now, the next problem:
oxygen obviously hates me, because even when i just copy my new working geometry lod into the fire geometry model, it won't work!! wtf!? wait, fire geometry doesnt need mass does it? doubt it, but anyway. do i need to have hitpoints as well for this sucker to work. whats the deal? my model is a building, and all i need is for the bullets to hit it. rockets and other stuff would be nice, but i'm guessing that goes along with it.

Deadsoldier

« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2002, 04:09:25 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

micropilot

« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2002, 04:50:02 »
BUMP

I need to know this also - a step-by-step would be wonderful

SFG

« Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2002, 05:09:06 »
http://www.526th.com/tut.htm Try reading my tutorial. If that still doesnt work pm me and i'll try to figure it out. :)