Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Repathing Texturs  (Read 1266 times)

marcus3

Repathing Texturs
« on: 13 Dec 2005, 18:35:18 »
so, i have a addon i want to extract from a pack, but its all in one pbo, so my problem is when i put the model in o2, its still getting the texturs from the "addon/text" so how can i change it to "myaddon/text" without have to select everyface and repath it, there must be a easyer way  ;D
thanks
Marcus

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Repathing Texturs
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2005, 18:44:26 »
You can do this in Oxygen.

Load the model into Oxygen, Hold Ctrl and double click a texture.
This will select all faces that are using that texture.

Press E for the Face Properties dialog.......at the bottom of this dialog is a text gadget that holds the path to the texture........edit this.

You need to do this for each texture in the texture list AND for each Resolution LOD.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2005, 18:50:52 »
sure...
option #1: if it's ODOL, then you can easily replace the texture path with a hex-editor, no matter how long the new path is.
if it's MLOD, then the new texture path must have the same length as the original when you hex-edit it. otherwise the whole model gets messed up.

option #2: use one of the texture-swap tools. search ofp.info or the editors' depot here. you'll find about 5 or 6 different ones. don't ask me how they work in detail, i've never used one of them.

option #3: use o². select the whole model, go to the face properties dialog, select three or more faces with the same texture and click on 'filter by' on the right. (NB: the change will be displayed not until you open the face dialog anew). then type in the path to your replacement texture.
repeat this for all textures. done. :)

//edit.. oops, planck's quicker again :)
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2005, 18:52:19 by remcen »
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec 2005, 18:59:21 »
Hmmm.....yes, but I neglected to consider ODOL models.   ::) ::)

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.