Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: custom optics  (Read 1414 times)

Rogue

custom optics
« on: 17 Oct 2002, 03:24:31 »
Hi!
I'm working on a OICW weapon addon, and I'd like to use custom optics for the 6x digital camera.

Can someone tell me how to create new optics?

PS: Currently I'm going on trying :D

major asshole

Re:custom optics
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2002, 05:26:41 »

G'day

You could try messing around with some of the optics .p3ds
optika_whatever.p3d

hth

L8R

Rogue

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2002, 11:34:45 »
ah... yes but I don't want to use old optics... I want to do a brand new one...

I've dowloaded the HKbo addon and I've found a couple of custom optika_***.p3d files... When I try to use them with my weapon, I see a blank screen instead the optics...

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2002, 12:40:59 »
Well then, I suggest talking to Vipersheart, and other people who has made custom optics for their weapons. I think DKM has made some too. They will know what to do.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Skaven

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2002, 10:58:34 »
The problem of the black screen when using Vipersheart optics in your addon, happens probably because you didn't swap the textures in the p3d file, and to make new optics, well, you can make new optics from an existing one.  ;D (i supose when you mean optics you mean sights  ??? )
If so, since it basically consists on Editing Alpha Channels, just use a reference point of the existing one, and erase all the rest, than with Alpha Channels make the new optics.

Rogue

« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2002, 11:56:42 »
Yes thank you... eheheh sights I mean... the thing you see when you press "v" in game  ;D (sorry for the poor language)

Ehm... I'll be glad if you were more practical... or... is there any tutorial that describes this thing? Can you link it, please?
I'm getting crazy with those sights...
I've opened the optika_*.p3d files of the demo but they contain only 3 squares... no textures... and I don't understand how to apply the new ones cause I always see a white screen... help!

Skaven

« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2002, 12:03:01 »
Well actually my English ain't that good also, I'm Portuguese  ;D

Those 3 empty squares, actually ain't empty, they have the Alpha Channels edited, but you can't see it, if you don't know how to manage Alpha Channels  ;D
Try searging inside Paintshop Pro's Help ot Photoshop, and search for Alpha Channels there, still I'm gonna try finding a tutorial for you, let me see if I can find something  ;)

Rogue

« Reply #7 on: 18 Oct 2002, 12:30:13 »
EHEH... well I'm Italian :)
Anyway... I've done something with those damned sights... I didn't think it was so simple... I've just applied a random texture on a square and removed the others squares... and now sights function! WOW!
Didn't realized it was so simple!! Now I'm trying to use the alpha channel (as you suggested ;D), and to understand what is the "zasleh" meaning in the optics (it's a group name used to define the flash group for the weapon, so I think they will flash a texture... dunno why they need it).
Seen the lack of info about the sights, maybe I'll do a tutorial when this thing will be over :D