Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Reference pictures not loading in O2  (Read 1290 times)

ferreirajl

Reference pictures not loading in O2
« on: 06 Dec 2005, 13:52:36 »
Noob question.

I'm following this tutorial on "How to build the Piper cheyenne" in O2, and one of the first things they tell you  is to set up 3 pictures of the plane you're trying to model, to serve as reference. The pictures are "front", "top" and "side" views of the plane.

Well... I got those pictures, put them in the right format, loaded them into O2 and started to build the model, following the tutorial instructions... after I was done, I saved my work so I could continue the next day.

Here's where the problem begins: when I load the file I saved before, the reference pictures don't load. I can't see them in O2.

When I go to the viewer I can see the pics... but not in O2.

The pics I'm using were in .gif format and then O2 converted them into .pac (or .paa not sure) and put them in a folder called /DATA. The model is in its own folder inside O2's folder...

:-\ Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Reference pictures not loading in O2
« Reply #1 on: 06 Dec 2005, 14:29:45 »
You can get your pictures back into the tri-views in Oxygen, but they will not be in the exact positions they were in before saving.

You may need to tweak them a bit afterwards.

Select the face your picture was applied to, then go to the Sufaces Menu and choose Background from Face.

Then immediately after choose Fit Bgr. from Selection.

Your picture should be on the face again, but as I said you will need to reposition and resize it properly again.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

ferreirajl

« Reply #2 on: 06 Dec 2005, 18:18:01 »
So you mean there is no way to have the pictures loaded automatically with the .p3d file?

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 06 Dec 2005, 19:01:19 »
It's like any other texture applied to your model, you don't normally see them in the tri-views in Oxygen.

You will always see them in the viewer though.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.