Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Quick question in wrpedit  (Read 1174 times)

Maverick52

Quick question in wrpedit
« on: 29 Nov 2005, 17:27:41 »
Ok, so I've been working on my first island and...

I followed the instructions on A Soldiers 5 On WRPEdit (http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=33) to convert a .grd file for use in wrpedit, but there are still certain areas I want to modify myself using wrpedit. Now I've started doing that, but I notice that the area's I've modified are black, instead of the grass texture i laid down. To me, it kinda looks like when you have reversed normals on a 3d model, but i don't know what this is. I tried relaying the texture, and a different texture, but neither seemed to fix it. Also resetting the flags did nothing.

The areas that I modified were below sea level before I brought them above sea level, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know, thanks guys.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Quick question in wrpedit
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2005, 18:58:16 »
Once you get a terrain into WrpEdit you really need to set the default flags.

Select all cells and go to the flags tab and press the Default button.
You can also do the same for the Env Snd flags on the Env Snd Tab.

Once you start changing terrain heights and such you must periodically do the flags again, or, at the very least before you save your .wrp file.

Try that and see if it fixes anything.....be sure to keep backup copies.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Maverick52

Re:Quick question in wrpedit
« Reply #2 on: 02 Dec 2005, 07:20:01 »
Just in case anyone ever finds this in a search....

Flags werent the problem, it was the fact that the "coast" and the next set of altitudes over were extremely opposite(lots of little contour lines!), so by making a more even transition, the black stuff went away.

But I did find out another case in which wrpedit displays that black texture thingy... If I set a group of selected altitudes to "flat" and raise those altitudes above sea leavel (They were previously under the water level) the ground is covered with that black. If I add hills to the area, the black goes away.

I think this might be something to do with the video card on this laptop I'm using, but just incase anyone searches and finds this, i wanted them to find out my results.