Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Proxy doesnt move with animation  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
Proxy doesnt move with animation
« on: 11 Nov 2005, 18:50:23 »
First I will tell you what I want to do.

I want to create two cargo proxies on the wing of an aircraft.  one proxy will be on the wing flap, the other will be on another portion of the wing.  I then want to moveincargo two created logics to the two proxies.  I am doing this to measure the distance between the two logics.  When the wing flaps lower, the proxy on the wing flap should move in relation to the logic on the wing.  This will tell the script when the flap has been raised or lowered.  Once the script figures out if the flap has been raised or lowered, it will raise or lower another flap on the wing.

Ok, here is what I've done.

I have created the two proxies and moved them to the position I want them on the wing.  One proxy sits by itself, not connected to anything.  The other proxy is physically attached to the wing flap, and it is also a part of the wing flap's selection.  I have coded a game logic for my plane that will take the two cargo proxies.  I have made a script that creates and moves the logics into position, and I created another script that relays the distance between the two logics in the form of a hint.  I know that both scripts work, and I know that the logics are in their proper positions.

The problem.

When I lower the flaps, the proxy attached to the flap does not move with the flap.  The flap moves down fine, but the proxy, or the logic, remains where it is.  This means my distance figure doesn't change.

Questions.

So, what am I doint wrong?  Can a proxy be attached to a moving part, and will it move with the part?  Will the unit in cargo move with the proxy?

-Pilot

EDIT:
Correction, the proxy was not attached physically to the plane, the merge command wouldn't work with the proxy.  I was able to get them attached, but that caused an error, so un-attached them.  However, the proxy is still part of the flap selection.
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2005, 19:08:49 by Pilot »

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re:Proxy doesnt move with animation
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2005, 19:20:17 »
You have tried moveInCargoing regular soldiers in those proxies to see whether the proxy moves?

Also, the proxy does not go lower with the flaps, it tilts (right?) so maybe that motion doesn't change the position of the logic, it only changes it's pitch..(?)
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2005, 19:32:48 »
You have tried moveInCargoing regular soldiers in those proxies to see whether the proxy moves?
I didn't think of that, I will try it right away.

Also, the proxy does not go lower with the flaps, it tilts (right?) so maybe that motion doesn't change the position of the logic, it only changes it's pitch..(?)
I thought of this, and I made sure it wouldn't just change pitch.  I have the proxy on the trailing edge of the flap, not the leading edge.  That will guarentee that the proxy does indeed move.

Thanks for the reply

-Pilot

EDIT:
I just tried the soldier idea, and the soldier never moved...he never even changed pitch.  It's as if the proxy isn't even recognized as being part of the flap selection. ???
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2005, 19:34:58 by Pilot »

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2005, 19:50:12 »
It might be that it isn't regocnised...

Even the named selections on a soldier model don't seem to move on the z axis at all...
I tried to make a getStance function by using drop[] on some named selection on a soldier model and getting the dropped[] particle's position and only the x and y positions changed, but not the z axis..
Even if the soldier went from standing to prone..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2005, 19:55:46 »
What a pain...

Nobody would happen to know the name of the flap animations, would they?

-Pilot
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2005, 20:26:40 by Pilot »

Offline Plane

• Members
  • You can call me my nickname "Plane"!
« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2005, 06:22:59 »
Looks like I'm in the same way with you. I'm creating a big plane and want to make 2 pairs of flaps, now I still can't find a way to do it. I've tried your idea but failed as you said. So maybe the proxy won't move with the animation part.

So can we find another way to do it: Like remove the "Flaps down" action and create a new one then script.
The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 14 Nov 2005, 14:43:34 »
So can we find another way to do it: Like remove the "Flaps down" action and create a new one then script.
Unfortunately, the Flaps Down action is hardcoded into the game, it can't be removed.

I am still trying to find a work-around.  I will let you know if I manage to find one.

-Pilot

Skaircro

« Reply #7 on: 05 Dec 2005, 05:10:37 »
Just some suggestion you may already know or have tried.

To have the proxy move with the wing flap it needs to be defined with the flap named selection in the model Resolution LOD's, eg. "L klapka"

To have multiple flap animations have you tried different named selections, eg. "L1 klapka", "L2 klapka", "R1 klapka", "R2 klapka"? These would be in Resolution LOD.
In Memory LOD try selections of "osa L1 klapky", "osa L2 klapky", etc.

I dont know if this will work with the flaps. I'm just going of the named selections of my planes which are: "ls klapka", "rs klapka" in Resolution LOD, and "osa ls klapky", "osa rs klapky" in Memory LOD.

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #8 on: 06 Dec 2005, 00:58:10 »
Last time I checked, you couldn't move proxies, and I doubt you will be able to. I am certain it can't be done.
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2005, 00:58:50 by Kyle Sarnik »

Skaircro

« Reply #9 on: 06 Dec 2005, 09:15:46 »
Last time I checked, you couldn't move proxies, and I doubt you will be able to. I am certain it can't be done.

Gunner proxies in vehicles and static M2's etc. can rotate and tilt with the turret/machine gun. So unless it one of those vehicle specific restrictions it might work.