Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: intro for an island  (Read 1547 times)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
intro for an island
« on: 19 Sep 2005, 07:38:54 »
I really don't want editing an island, but I don't know where this topic fitting. I create a campaign in an 3rd party island and there is no intro for this. And in that case sometimes when I step back to the main menu, I can see nothing. Not even the menu.
I want make a very short intro to this island, but I don't know how.

It's a simple cam script with an ethernal loop? Or there is something special?
And if I finish, where I put this? In Addon forled or in Res/Addon folder or where...?

I tried make a simple camscript and put it the whole folder to the Res/Addon, because the BAS Island anim is there... But doesn't work.
Fix bayonet!

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re:intro for an island
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2005, 12:18:36 »
I want make a very short intro to this island, but I don't know how.
It's a simple cam script with an ethernal loop? Or there is something special?
Yes, itÂ's that simple. Just make a mission on the island that consists of a single, camscripted intro.
And if I finish, where I put this? In Addon folder or in Res/Addon folder or where...
I tried make a simple camscript and put it the whole folder to the Res/Addon, because the BAS Island anim is there... But doesn't work.

The intro to the islands is supposed to go into a folder named anim.(name of island). The anim for Nogova is named "anim.noe" for example. I suggest you put your anim folder in the mod folder where you placed the island. If you donÂ't use mod folders, put it in RES/addOns
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2005, 16:31:27 »
Putting the anim in a mod folder never worked for me, I have to put all of them in the addons folder.

Also, the mission could just be a camera looking at something for eternity, it doesn't have to be fancy.  But, IIRC, you do have to edit the island's config so it knows where to find the anim.  It is actually quite simple, you just have to change one line to tell OFP where ot find the anim.

-Student Pilot

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2005, 18:59:33 »
I had a problem simular to this using Dr Nos island. After the outro finished, I was left with a blank screen.
I'm not sure if this will work for you, but what I did was make a mini island scene at the end of the outro, in my case it was a camera image of some soldiers just standing there, and this showed up instead of the blank screen.

Edit your outro so it doesn't end, and put a timed end trigger somewhere on your map, which will activate when you want the outro to end and the menu scene to come up.

I just think its easier than making a whole new scene and editing the config of the island  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Stinky Nut Rappa

« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2005, 17:21:38 »
I think seeing as though you have made a campaign for the island, make an intro fitting to your campaign (what island is it by the way)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2005, 07:49:58 »
what island is it by the way
Freya Island

edit the island's config

Student Pilot: I dePBOed this island and examined the cpp file but I cant find any record to the animation... What's the name (and syntax) of class to an intro?

nominesine: I tried rename the mission (Anim.freya) and put to Addons and Res/Addons folders, but nothing happened... :-(
Fix bayonet!