Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: petrol bomb's  (Read 1173 times)

Offline paddy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama whipping good
petrol bomb's
« on: 18 Sep 2005, 11:40:43 »
I'm making a petrol bomb addon and have bin messing about with configs to try and make the bottles fly.  I was using a rip of the editorobjects 1.02 addon to get the bottle models, but whenever I throw the bottles, they hang in mid air!!!

Does anyone know what I'm doping wrong, have I defined it as the wrong class? (i think it's defined as object class).

Plus I want to exectute scripts when the object is fired.  How do you execute scritps in an addons FROM the addon?  Any tutorials etc anyone knows of to help me out here?

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
Re:petrol bomb's
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2005, 15:10:41 »
#1 your problem probably stems from the fact that the bottle is config'ed as object. better make it a handgrenade subclass- post your config and we'll see.

#2 use a fired -eventhandler. search for the event handler tutorial of viktor drukov int he editors' depot. unfortunately there's a restriction: weapons cannot execute eventhandlers, only units. it's somehow possible to make a bit trigger on the map and make it check if any unit in it has that petrol weapon. but i'm no scripting expert. better ask in the scripting board for that.
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

Offline paddy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama whipping good
« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2005, 17:06:38 »
I'm handy with the old scripts actually, thats not the problem.  I have NO idea what to dohowever when it comes to configs.

Could you post a basic config of a handgrenade weapon.  The name is petrolbomb with a unit that has petrolbombs instead of handgrenades.  For p3d model whiskey.p3d found in 'data3d' is what I was using.

I have dissected many BIS addons, but can't seem to get the hang of this config thing.  Really need help here.

Secondly, I dont know how to impliment a trigger from an addon.  Would this trigger have to be placed by the mission editor, or would it be placed by the addon itself?  Is there a way of activating a script (like an init.sqs file) from INSIDE an addon?

Offline paddy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama whipping good
« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2005, 09:57:56 »
Okay, I think I sorted it out on my own.  Just ripped 'GIMBALS TOSSERS' addon to see how he did it.  Thanks gimbal!!