Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AEF_Train.pbo  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Mikeyfish90210

• Members
  • HEY STOP TAKING SO LONG TO ANSWER SIMPLE THREADS
AEF_Train.pbo
« on: 21 Jul 2005, 11:48:52 »
AEF_Train.pbo is a very good addon, but i am experiencing problems with joining some of the carriges. Ok all of the waggons are joined using the [waggon1, waggon2] exec "\AEF_Train\script\Attach.sqs" script. What im finding difficult is attaching the engine to waggon1, i've tried many a script in his intialisation field but nothings working and they start apearing randomingly flashing all over the map. Also has anyone experienced the train vibrating randomly?
MIkEy FIshY BoyY YabDAO

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re:AEF_Train.pbo
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2005, 12:37:19 »
I also tried to connect the wagons to the train, without succes. The wagons attach beautifully to each other, but when the engine is hooked up, itÂ's only hooked up to the first wagon. The rest of them are left behind. I donÂ't know why.

I have also experienced a weird bug with AEF_Train on the Enfilade island (built for use with the train addon but released separately).

When the train reaches a junction on the tracks, the boogey of the engine (suspension and wheels) leaves the tracks and go crashing through the terrain, wrecking Havoc among everything in it's path. The carriage itself however, continues along itÂ's predefined, tracked path - hoovering carelessly half a meter above the ground. It passes through solid objects, tanks, people and anything else that comes before it like a ghost train.

Maybe useful in a gothic zombie campaign, but it doesnÂ't suit my needs. I sort of gave up on AEF after that.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Mikeyfish90210

• Members
  • HEY STOP TAKING SO LONG TO ANSWER SIMPLE THREADS
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2005, 12:09:35 »
Can anyone else "Help" my problem?
MIkEy FIshY BoyY YabDAO

Offline Avitus

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 07 Aug 2005, 15:42:33 »
Try this :

1- place a Loco and some wagons on the track ;

2- name your Loco and your wagons (e.g. Loko, Wag1, Wag2, Wag3,...) ;

3- in the init field of your first wagon (not the Loco), type :
AEFDetachWaggon = Wag1 ; [Wag1, Loko] exec "\AEF_Train\script\Attach.sqs"
That way, you will be sure your first wagon is detached from the Loco (it may have been towed to it automatically if close enough on the map, and that could cause trouble with the attach script), and then it will be script-attached to the Loco. N.B. : if you type [Loko, Wag1] instead of [Wag1, Loko], it's a mess : you'll find your wagon anywhere but where you want it to be !

4- in the init field of your second wagon, type :
AEFDetachWaggon = Wag2 ; [Wag2, Wag1] exec "\AEF_Train\script\Attach.sqs"

And so on...

Good luck !