Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Triggering the Outro Loose Scene  (Read 723 times)

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
Triggering the Outro Loose Scene
« on: 31 Jul 2005, 01:12:21 »
I am having difficulty triggering the outro loose cutscene in a single-player game.

I finally have it where outro win shows after the debriefing, but when I lose the mission the trigger ends it, but after the player death cam shot I cannot get the briefing to come up to show the mission failure and then the outro loose cutscene.

I have triple checked everything and think I may be missing something obvious or this is some kind of bug.

Attached is the mission that I have. Any help would be appreciated. I cleaned up the .sqm file of any BAS references so this should not require any add-ons.

Edit: The mission itself is a simple test mission - kill the soldier directly in front of you. I am using this to just get the mechanics of the mission package down, before I create a real mission for distribution.
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2005, 01:16:11 by RangerX3X »
Ranger, out.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:Triggering the Outro Loose Scene
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2005, 09:55:52 »
it's because the trigger is simply checking for the player being present or not. if you run out of the trigger, the loose ending works just fine.

the problem is that the player being killed is the ultimate loss if you like, so there's no debriefing if the player's not alive to hear it...

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
Re:Triggering the Outro Loose Scene
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2005, 10:41:26 »
Thank you sir. Makes perfect sense if I stop and think about it.
Ranger, out.