Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Add-on Help  (Read 1253 times)

favrefan30

Add-on Help
« on: 20 Jul 2005, 23:53:23 »
I just started using this site today and I need help. I downloaded a couple of weapons and I can't figure out what to do. They say for instalation to copy the folder into my add-ons folder which I did. The add-ons are not in the game however. The folder with the add-ons came from a file I downloaded where it made the weapons less accurate. It also changed the way the guns sounded. Anyway thats where I put the files into but it does not work. Is there another add-ons folder somewhere that Codemasters put into the game or something? Please Help and Thanks A Lot!!

Dane

Re:Add-on Help
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2005, 00:37:08 »
Copy only the addon.pbo files not the folder to your addons directory.

favrefan30

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2005, 03:24:45 »
I think I did that. The icons with the OFP symbol I put in the add-ons folder but that didn't work...

Dane

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2005, 10:24:55 »
The icons with the OFP symbol
What icons ???

What version of OFP are you using?
Do you play with the Resistance expansion pack?

If the addon you are using requires Resistance it goes in C:\Program files\Operation Flashpoint\Res\Addons

Edit.
The folder with the add-ons came from a file I downloaded where it made the weapons less accurate

Woops. That sounds like a MOD.
The addon probably has it own config.bin, so you have to replace the config.bin in
C:\Program files\Operation Flashpoint\Res\Bin

or if you don't have resistance
C:\Program files\Operation Flashpoint\Bin
« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2005, 10:31:46 by Dane »

favrefan30

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2005, 17:52:38 »
Yeah I have Resistance. The thing you told me to do "C:\Program files\Operation Flashpoint\Res\Bin" I copied and pasted that into run and it doesn't even exist. I'm gonna try and re-install resistance.