Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: make driver appear while driving APC  (Read 1369 times)

Pravit

make driver appear while driving APC
« on: 22 Jul 2005, 01:15:35 »
I'm trying to modify Philcommando's horses for use in one of my missions. Specifically I want to change the class of one of his horses to M113(as he has the other horses set in this manner), since as of present they're of class "motorcycle" and the AI drives(or "rides") them like a wimp. I was able to set them to M113, and they did indeed start driving better(they weren't afraid to ride across open country now) but the only problem is they disappeared whenever they got in. Is there some setting to have the driver of a vehicle not disappear when he gets in? I tried setting them to class "jeep", too, which worked in helping them drive more "aggressively", as well as adding a nice dust effect, but something funny happens with the physics when I do this and they start bouncing around and flying like crazy. Any help?

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
Re:make driver appear while driving APC
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2005, 01:23:39 »
its a engine limitation :-\

trust me

Pravit

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2005, 01:32:19 »
That sucks. Can you think of any vehicles off the top of your head where the driver is visible, not afraid to drive off-road, and generates some dust?

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2005, 01:42:42 »
That sucks. Can you think of any vehicles off the top of your head where the driver is visible, not afraid to drive off-road, and generates some dust?
nope :-\

just tanks, but that one limitation

Pravit

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2005, 01:57:25 »
Actually, making them Jeep class works well, except for one thing - they start bouncing and flying around like crazy sometimes, and the game CTDs when you try to get in. I have no idea why.

Edit: Noticed an improvement as the original Motorcycle class by adding preferRoads = 0 to the config.cpp.
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2005, 02:53:15 by Pravit »