Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Make trigger react only to four units  (Read 1229 times)

ollestolpe

Make trigger react only to four units
« on: 16 Jul 2005, 09:41:21 »
I'm making a coop mission.
In the end you're supposed to get to the extraction point.

The trigger there will start when "myVariable = 1 and AllPlayersPresent"... if you get my point.

The thing is that the players are not grouped together. They are all just one-man groups.
So I can't group all the four players with the trigger to make it react to them.

What I want is this:

The trigger should only react when myVariable = 1 and all players are within it.
And I want it to work no matter if you play 1, 2, 3 or 4 players.

I hope you get my point.
Thank you.

John Smith

Re:Make trigger react only to four units
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2005, 09:47:50 »
If I get what you're saying then what you're trying to do is get a trigger to react only once four units of different groups are all in it.

What you could do and what I've done countless times before is put four triggers on the same place each of them reacting to a different guy of those four guys. Then put a civilian at a completely different place, give him a waypoint and have all of those four triggers synchronised with that waypoint. The give him another waypoint and put a trigger in front of it so that when all the four triggers have been activated the civilian will run ahead but also walk into another trigger which reacts to the civilian. Then in that trigger you can put all the stuff that you wanted to happen once all four of those guys are within the boundaries of the four triggers.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2005, 09:49:30 by John Smith »

ollestolpe

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2005, 12:25:57 »
Sounds like a good sollution.

But if I have those four triggers, I would also need to set them up so they'll be activated or ignored for the unused player units.

The mission is made for 1-4 players and AI is disabled. So the played units are the only ones around.
I want it to work if you play only 2 players aswell. Get my point?

Lets say that I have 4 triggers set up like this:

1: Present: myGuy1
2: Present: myGuy2
3: Present: myGuy3
4: Present: myGuy4

What if only two players do the misison. Then myGuy3 and myGuy4 won't exist at all.
How do I tell the trigger to activate then?
It would be great to set them up like this:

1: Present: myGuy1 or myGuy1 not ingame at all

It won't do to check the units with just the Alive command. Then they will react when a player is killed.

I hope you understand me...

qqqqqq

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2005, 12:38:54 »
This should probably be on the MP board.

One trigger covering the whole map.

East present once (or whichever side)
myvariable1 and ((count thislist) == ("_x distance objectxxx < 10" count thislist))

where objectxxx is an object at the place where you want the players to go.    Not tested.

Remember that = means "make this equal to that" and == means "check if this is equal to that".

The extra civilian loon thing will work fine, but it's probably easier to use variables.    In the activation line of each of the four similar triggers you would have something like

player1home=true

The fifth trigger would have the condition line

player1home and player2home and ....

John Smith

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2005, 13:43:14 »
I think qqqqqq's idea is a lot more appropriate in that case then. I'm not used to making multiplayer missions so I never have that problem and therefore I don't have a proper solution. qqqqqq's solution should work though, I'll try it out myself.