Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Chopper Q  (Read 1142 times)

BitFlix

Chopper Q
« on: 04 Oct 2002, 15:18:11 »
Hi!

Has someone sucessfully uncompiled the V-80 (Ka-50 Werewolf) addon?

It must be part of noe.pbo but I can't decompress it, prolly coz its such a huge file.
Anyways, I need the complete config.cpp OR a good hint how I can make that chopper more stable in auto-hover mode. Coz it really sucks; I can barely hit targets at 300m in auto hover with the 30mm gun, but at greater distance its impossible to hit anything smaller than a mountain coz the chopper is shaking like crazy. This is not the case with the AH-64
for example, so they must have used some fancy command/parameter to do that.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Offline Jahve

• Former Staff
    • Jahwerks
Re:Chopper Q
« Reply #1 on: 07 Oct 2002, 10:49:53 »
noe.pbo is Nogova island pbo file. it is however in o.pbo.
you need to to a hex-edit of the o.pbo (remove the 43/46/47 first parts of it... im not certain so dont take it from me, do it, fuck up and blaim me) or you could depbo it with Amalfi's PBO Decryptor. Evis did it when he made the KA-50's.

BitFlix

« Reply #2 on: 07 Oct 2002, 16:34:29 »
Ok thx, I just de-pbo'ed it and I have the full config now... problem is I can't find any parameter which affects how stable the chopper is in auto-hover or at low speed.

I even ripped off the rotor blade definitions of the AH-64 and used them for the Ka-50, and still nothing... maybe its a bug or its defined in the model file.

Offline Jahve

• Former Staff
    • Jahwerks
« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2002, 11:43:12 »
think the defines for the v80 is

class All{};
class AllVehicles: Air{};
class Air: AllVehicles{};
class Helicopter: Air{};
class V80: Helicopter{};

glad to be of help  ;)

BitFlix

« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2002, 11:33:03 »
Mhmm, my config is different:

class Mi24: Helicopter {};
   class Kamov: Mi24{};

Its the one I found in the Res .pbo though.

Anyways, I played with the parameters until I got sick of it, and still nothing... can't seem to find anything that makes the chopper more stable when hovering.

I'm starting to think its hardcoded in the .p3d file