Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom icons on vehicles...  (Read 1530 times)

Serial Killer

Custom icons on vehicles...
« on: 28 Jun 2005, 11:50:14 »
If you're looking BIS vehicles with oxygen, you can see a little square named 'clan', where the player's squad's/clan's logo appeares, when he boards the vehicle. Does this mean that I can also add my custom icons on it by SetObjectTexture command? If yes - Could you explain how can I do it?

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2005, 11:50:27 by Serial Killer »

qqqqqq

Re:Custom icons on vehicles...
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2005, 12:20:34 »
Yes.

Read the comref.    I presume you just stick a .jpg of appropriate dimensions in the mission folder.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2005, 17:52:19 »
@6q - replies like that are not helpful. if you are going to respond to a question, at least know enough about it to be constructive.

@serial killer - you may have more luck answering this in the addons boards... moving the thread.

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2005, 19:56:51 »
@ serial killer: what are you aiming at exactly?
your own patch in multiplayer or patches for addons in general (like random numbers...)?
anyway, the patch must be .paa or .pac afaik cos jpgs dont handle transparancy etc.

if you're looking for a way to set custom changeable patches, here's a little tut for you:
1. make a plane in o2, add it to the model and texture it with any of your prospective textures. make it a named selection (e.g. patch1).
2. add your selection name to the cgfmodels section of the config
3. add your selection to the hiddenselection array of your vehicle in the cfgvehicles section. e.g. hiddenselections[]={"patch1", "patch2"};
4. the patches will not appear in game now. they will be 'texturable' via the setobjecttexture command. e.g. this setobjecttexture [0,"\yourpboname\texture1.paa"] -> would set texture1.pac on the first element in the hiddenselections array

hope that helps... ;)
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

Sophion

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2005, 17:19:45 »
or if your making a mission and have the picture in the mission folder just put:

This setObjectTexture [0, "Texture.jpg"]

in the units INIT box.

Serial Killer

« Reply #5 on: 05 Jul 2005, 00:57:58 »
or if your making a mission and have the picture in the mission folder just put:

This setObjectTexture [0, "Texture.jpg"]

in the units INIT box.
Thank you.