Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Switching sides of units  (Read 1147 times)

Offline natopatriot

• Members
Switching sides of units
« on: 09 Jun 2005, 01:06:21 »
Hello -

I would like to switch the sides of an addon.  I have tried extracing the PBO file and changing the config file from "East" to "West."  I use WinPBO and it will not let me resave the addon with the side switched.  
I heard that one can change the side of the side of the unit by dragging a line from a "West" unit to an "East" unit in the F5 key in the Mission Editor. I really don't belive this will work(?)! Or - will it . . ?
Or - could I just type a command in the leaders' int field which will cause a switch in sides of the units from "East" to "West?"
I'm somewhat new to addon editing, so please be nice... ;D

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
Re:Switching sides of units
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jun 2005, 02:06:53 »
Yes, you can "group" a unit to a leader of the opposite side, then just set the leader probability of presence to zero.  Now the unit will be on the side of the leader, but since the leader is remove at the moment the mission starts, the unit will be his own leader, but will stay on the same side as the original leader.  It does work, I've done it many times.

Offline natopatriot

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jun 2005, 15:24:00 »
Nope, doesn't work. The F5 Synchronize will not allow me to connect an West unit to an East unit...and prob of presence at 0. That - even if the West unit is of higher rank than the leader of the East unit still does not work. ???

I also tried to assign the leader of the West unit a "Join and Lead" waypoint and the East unit with the "join" WP and connect the two - and that still does not work...

I did see a command out there awhile back that someone used to turn civilians against the Resistance - which the default for civilians is to side with the Resistance...

Then, I can always keep trying to fiddle with the addons config files.  :-*

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jun 2005, 19:31:53 »
Not F5 - Synchronise.........F2 - Group.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.