Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ammo simulations, config bins  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Fragorl

• Coding Team
  • Former Staff
Ammo simulations, config bins
« on: 06 May 2005, 06:58:55 »
Hello, another question.

When defining my own ammo type, I can chose the simulation "shotmissile", for example, or shotshell etc.

For the type of ammo i'm making, i would like it to have the property that it doesn't fall freely under gravity, or, if that 's not possible have it deviate as little as possible from a straight trajectory.

So as far as i know, that means using the shotmissile sim- where the properties 'thrust' and "thrusttime" can be used. Now my question is this: whilst shotshell has no trail- and this is what I'm after - as far as I can tell, there's no way of removing the default trail, or the ecp one if that mod's being run. I don't want to have to create my own. Is there any way of getting the combination of - undeviating projectile AND no trail, in a simple config.cpp file?

Thanks

Offline Fragorl

• Coding Team
  • Former Staff
Re:Ammo simulations, config bins
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2005, 07:27:49 »
Secondly, I wonder if it is possible to retain the shotmissile simulation, with all its IR locking, thrust etc, WITHOUT having to use the dafault launcher ainmations. Thanks

ArchAngel

« Reply #2 on: 03 Jun 2005, 21:49:44 »
I had the exact same issue with the laser etc for the scifi addons i make. The problem is, the smoke is created by the thrust, so what i did was give the missiles really large initTime like 10000 for example, and set the missiles initSpeed to how ever fast i want the missile (laser in my case) to fly.  However they do eventually hit the ground, but far far beyond what you can see. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2005, 21:50:45 by ArchAngel »

Grendel

« Reply #3 on: 03 Jun 2005, 23:30:46 »
hee hee hee, I know where this is going...

*cough*
-Line of site-
*cough*

-excuse me.

Great minds think alike and all.

-Grendel

Offline Fragorl

• Coding Team
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 08 Jun 2005, 22:30:09 »
Cheers ArchAngel! I'd just about given up hope of this thread being answered. In response to your suggestion, i could do that, but the problem is that I want my projectile to travel relatively slowly--- for your type of situation, with a laser/very fast projectile that would work fine. However if the trail is inexorably bound up with the thrust, it looks like I might be stuck with it. I'll just have to overpower it with one of my own.

Any ideas for the second part- ie keeping the thrust properties of a missile but without OFP forcing whatever weapon fired it to use launcher animations- ie making the weapon's user crouch and stagger around when he has it equipped?

Grendel

Interestingly, this post had absolutely nothing to do with it :P I gave up on any type of ammo apart from smoke grenades, since they all disappear upon hitting something and imparting relative degrees of damage upon it. Smoke nades are harmless and stick around for a while.

Unless there was some way of splicing a rocket engine with a smoke grenade... the RPSG... hm