Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sheriff's and Police  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Delta Hawk

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Sheriff's and Police
« on: 07 Jul 2005, 01:05:28 »
i'm trying to make the first serious police addon and i seriously need help.  I'm trying to make make textures But my problem is they wear belts and drop down holsters and tazers.  Should i make the straps on a seperate face like HYK or should i just add them to the texture?  here's a preview.

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
Re:Sheriff's and Police
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jul 2005, 13:47:21 »
IMO straps are better realized as textures - for two reasons:
1. a little strap needn't be modelled. if one did so it would rise the poly count unnecissarily. IMHO only bad texturers have to model the straps.
2. straps cause wrinkles on the pants. aligning painted wrinkles with a modelled strap is harder than simply painting the straps and wrinkles all together.
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

Offline Delta Hawk

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2005, 04:00:35 »
thanx, one reason i wasn't sure about was colors and being able to see the strap itself.  alot of other ppl been saying same text.  What do u think of it now?

If anyone is interest in applying these textures, you more than welcome

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jul 2005, 12:15:28 »
looks very good, mate! :D
you might be interested in a tut on gizmo mapping if you wanna try to map the units yourself.
http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=500
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

Offline Delta Hawk

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2005, 17:41:59 »
Well, it'll be pointless for me to learn that cuz i'm going to the marines next week.  I made these textures based off HYK's so it should be easy apply.  What i have done is both sides of the shirt and pants, both sleeves, and collar and i have pictures of the belt equipement(pouches, holster, radio, etc).  I hope someone will take this opportunity and finally make realistic serious cops for the ofp community