Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I'm so happy( sound wise that is)  (Read 581 times)

Dubieman

I'm so happy( sound wise that is)
« on: 28 Apr 2005, 02:22:48 »
Hello again,

I've finally taken the great leap of faith and purchased a mike for 10 measely dollars. Anyways, I'm wondering what the heck to do now. I've plugged it into my sound card in the right place and nothing seems to happen. Any suggestions on programs? Goldwave or something?

Thanks,
Can't wait to actually put sounds I make into missions,
GRK 8)

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
Re:I'm so happy( sound wise that is)
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2005, 03:09:08 »
Well,

just a guess, normally you have several "IN" on your sound card. Normally  Line In and Micro In.  I think you are either in the wrong "IN" or more probably has not turned it on.
To record easy samples you can use the Sound Recorder included in Windows (i think you can find it under Accessory, sorry i have no English Windows). Just press the red button to record.
If you get no sound go under Control Panel to Sound and Multimedia  open it. Under the Audio Tab you have Input open the Volume Control and select Micro.

Hope that helps.

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2005, 04:46:55 »
Hmm, no luck yet, I've found some materials for my sound card, will report back if I actually got it to work in a few days when I have free time. If all goes well I can close down the thread, otherwise, onwards and upwards.... ::)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2005, 19:42:00 »
also f you have no sound then go into the mic options dont know where they are but i had the same problem 2 buttons werent on the right thing so make sure its on 'primary sound capture drive' other ways you have to scream down the mic and yet it still sound like a whisper.

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2005, 03:37:10 »
Hmm, I recorded some advertisement by accident. Like it plays when you're viewing hotmail. I hit record and learned how H&R Block can save me lots of money. So I know something is working. But my mike will not work yet....

I'll try your suggestion 456820, I'd really like to set up some sound bytes.

EDIT: Found the answer on the Creative forum after diving through many pages. I had to mess with some locked away menu or something. But now my mike works! Yet I sound so weird being recorded... :P ;D

« Last Edit: 08 May 2005, 04:18:10 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2005, 09:36:05 »
never thought i would say this but use the SOLVE BUTTON

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 09 May 2005, 01:10:17 »
deeeeeeeuuurrrrr twas late last night..... :beat: