Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Effective range: Questions...  (Read 1148 times)

Baphomet

Effective range: Questions...
« on: 08 Oct 2002, 19:15:18 »

What estimates are the soldiers making when stating the range of something? Is it metres or feet?  Furthermore. I'm having trouble figuring out how to accurately model effective range for some weapons since my concept of distance in ofp isn't that great. Is there any way at all to perhaps create something that could tell you how far a distance is from where one's cursor is pointing and where one is standing?

The latter part of this query should be in the advanced scripting area I guess, however since it directly pertains to my effort in making addons. I figured I'd include it here.

Offline DaCoroner

• Members
Re:Effective range: Questions...
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2002, 08:52:17 »
The distance reported is in meters.

You can view the range (no code/script) by making youself the commander of any unit or vehicle (with at least 1 other living member) and pressing the tilde (~) key or f1-f? to select any or all of you team.  Your cursor changes and range is reported under the new cursor.

Hope that helps :)

Baphomet

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2002, 11:09:37 »
I never thought of that. Thanks, heh.

Offline DaCoroner

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2002, 17:41:12 »
Hey, well re: my post about changing vehicle ammo... I've been spending a lot of time in tanks lately so I see that cursor all the time :)

I wonder if there is a way to use that command cursor to report the distance and heading from an ingame object other than yourself... that would make for some fun multiplayer artillery spotting.